Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

QWSim 787

QWSim 787

Has anyone heard anymore about this project. It has been in the works for for over three years.

Any longer and Boeing will be retiring this airframe.

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

QWSim 787

Has anyone heard anymore about this project. It has been in the works for for over three years.

Sometimes i think developers should keep quiet until it is almost time for release. I couldn't tell you how many video games were in development for years and I lost complete interest in them, just got tired and burnt out of the "Coming Soon".

QWSim 787

There was a big update on their Facebook and forum

Seems to be coming together

Saw it yesterday and the level of detailing in the modelling and textures is just stunning. They've also got a lot of cool ideas coming for the cockpit. They're got a great EFB planned, and if it works as expected, it'll be fantastic.

Sometimes i think developers should keep quiet until it is almost time for release. I couldn't tell you how many video games were in development for years and I lost complete interest in them, just got tired and burnt out of the "Coming Soon".

I am inclined to agree with you. Although it is about building hype and customer interest.

The developers can't even guarantee that it will be released in the first half of 2015.

I don't closely follow developer's progress on things any more, and since I haven't checked on the QW 787 in about 6 months I was curious, which is why I read their latest status report. I've been disappointed a number of times over the years with various developers so I've learned to keep my expectations low.  Sometimes they start a project and then 2 or more years go by and they still haven't finished, development has ceased, or they end up releasing version 0.6 or something silly like that.

I suppose we should at least be grateful that someone is developing stuff for the sim. I like Qualitywings and am looking forward to their 787 and 737 classics, but I don't expect to get them for at least another year.

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I am inclined to agree with you. Although it is about building hype and customer interest.

Building up hype too early can be a bad thing. QW admitted themselves in their latest update that the project was announced a bit earlier than it should have been. Posting lots of pictures and info about your project when it's even a year away makes people become inpatient and expect a release sooner rather than later.

Brandon Filer

Dont care - I enjoy seeing WIP shots keeps my interest big time - should be done more often as Aerosoft does

Rich Sennett

Agree, Aerosoft does a fantastic job, and they diliver as they say. I would say they are the true power-house in the simming world. Look at all the products they work on, yet they deliver!

If PMDG doesn't come up with a 787 before, it's on my must-buy list alongside the PMDG 747 and FsLabs A320!

sig01.png

I'm with Rich. Bring 'em on. Plenty of other toys in the hanger in the meantime.

This QW 787 should be superb - looking forward to it also the 737 shots look amazing - quality of the paint work on exterior shots I have seen are amazing

Rich Sennett

There's no reason to believe QW won't deliver. Everyone on the team has a family and full time jobs. Things don't always go as scheduled because if that. QW does, at least, give us a good detailed updates on a regular basis. Don't forget that they are also working on the 737-500 series as well as updating the 757 (although not sure if the latter is getting that much attention right now). Also notice the "Complexity - Simplified" motto has been completely removed from their website, which tells me these upcoming products will be anything but simple.

Hi all,

Yep it's frustrating when you see a developer announce a product so far in advance from release. Although as I understand it, Quality Wings consists of just a few guys doing this as well as running normal family lives and jobs too. So because of that, I will give them as much slack as they ask for. Push a small group like this too far and you might never see the finished thing if they give up through the pressure of us all begging for a release date.

Anyway whenever the 787 comes out I am sure your going to buy it and love it all the more for the wait, just like we did with their 146 and 757 in the past.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Guest JustanotherPilot

+1 - I feel that way about Carenado's Hawker 850, now I've lost all interest in it and probably won't buy it.