Sign in to follow this  
leptoon

What aircraft include a fully realized shared cockpit?

I would like to do a little flying with my nephew. What payware or freeware aircraft for FSX include a fully realized shared cockpit? I know the Fly the Maddog MD-80 and the PMDG 737 NGX support it, but I don't know of any others. Majestic's Dash 8 Q400 Pro will support it but it hasn't been released yet.

Thanks!

Lotus L-39 Albatross, it's an excellent aircraft. According to its developers, cockpit sharing and multiplayer flights were planned from the start, so the model was built with those in mind.

Lotus L-39 Albatross, it's an excellent aircraft. According to its developers, cockpit sharing and multiplayer flights were planned from the start, so the model was built with those in mind.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

All of the default planes :-)

lol I hope that's a joke...

Agreed on the L-39C, an excellent airplane, it was designed with multiplayer shared cockpit in mind from the start, one person can be the instructor and 'fail' aircraft systems as in the real plane.  It is the only training airplane in FS that I am aware of that really emphasizes the Student-Instructor shared cockpit scenario as one of it's selling points.

The RealAirs 'might' work, I've never tried so you'll have to ask Rob or someone who has tried it.  Usually addons with lots of external programming ala A2A do not work shared because of the complexity of getting a shared cockpit setup going with that level of sophistication.

Cheers

TJ

Actually not, they do support that:) many years ago I flew shared cockpit in the FSX multiplayer with a friend, it was hassle free.

The pmdg ngx does not support it.

Actually not, they do support that:) many years ago I flew shared cockpit in the FSX multiplayer with a friend, it was hassle free.

The pmdg ngx does not support it.

The shared cockpit in FSX is not fully realized. It's also full of bugs and I don't want to mess with it.

The PMDG 737 NGX does support it with Desk Pilot.

PIC007, on 06 Oct 2014 - 4:20 PM, said:

All of the default planes :-)

Nope, no joke, they are all designed for shared cockpit

Jay

Nope, no joke, they are all designed for shared cockpit

I'm not going to stop flying PMDG, A2A, Carenado, Level D and Wilco quality aircraft and go back to default. I'm looking for planes that are more realistically simulated.

I'm not going to stop flying PMDG, A2A, Carenado, Level D and Wilco quality aircraft and go back to default. I'm looking for planes that are more realistically simulated.

Probably should have mentioned that up front

Jay

lol my bad...

No worries :-)

I have been using the SP option since almost day 1 and what I have found are very few that work 'fully', especially those with an FMC and external controls. The MD 80 you mentioned is one that does work including the FMC, but it is a bugger to set up right.

However, most planes both free and pay, will to some extent work. You just need to experiment to see what is operational and what isnt, and there are too many variables involved to say what will work with your setup.

Just for messing around and getting people into the cockpit, don't knock the defaults, they work well, but of course they are not 'full real'. They are good though at a number of things, including instruction in procedures.

Jay

No worries :-)

I have been using the SP option since almost day 1 and what I have found are very few that work 'fully', especially those with an FMC and external controls. The MD 80 you mentioned is one that does work including the FMC, but it is a bugger to set up right.

However, most planes both free and pay, will to some extent work. You just need to experiment to see what is operational and what isnt, and there are too many variables involved to say what will work with your setup.

Just for messing around and getting people into the cockpit, don't knock the defaults, they work well, but of course they are not 'full real'. They are good though at a number of things, including instruction in procedures.

Cool thanks. I'll have to play around with them and do some more searching online. I'd probably be willing to spend the time setting up the MD-80, it's a great aircraft. I'm thinking I should start my nephew off in the most complicated, realistic planes. I'm going to have him fly behind me in an A2A C172 for a couple take offs and landing attempts. Seems like it would be better for him to learn the controls of the planes he'll eventually be flying with me on VATSIM instead of spending time in the default aircraft, and the A2A C172 is a great starter plane.

Cool thanks. I'll have to play around with them and do some more searching online. I'd probably be willing to spend the time setting up the MD-80, it's a great aircraft. I'm thinking I should start my nephew off in the most complicated, realistic planes. I'm going to have him fly behind me in an A2A C172 for a couple take offs and landing attempts. Seems like it would be better for him to learn the controls of the planes he'll eventually be flying with me on VATSIM instead of spending time in the default aircraft, and the A2A C172 is a great starter plane.

The 80 needs to be setup by both pilots so it's a bit time consuming. I also have the A2A 172 but rarely use it as I got tired of going to the hanger to find an A&P :-)

If he is just learning, the default 172 is great and it works perfectly with SP, I use it all the time when instructing. Then move him to a more advanced plane when he has the basics down pat.

Jay