Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Kyle's Excellent PFPX Tutorial!

Sorry for not being a directly related ( to PMDG ) topic, but I couldn't avoid posting a BIG "Thank You" message to Kyle, who I got to know throught this forum and his short posts :-).

Yesterday, after buying PFPX and activating, I had my first session with it... Well, rather satisfied with this product - it has a World of possibilities!  But it's also complex, and has a 

considerably steep learning curve, so... I Youtubed for tutorials, and among the many I found, Kyle's PFPX tutorial was the chosen one.

Excellent tutorial, structured, easy to follow, full of important and very well conveyed information!

For those who may have skipped it, here's the link.

Thx Kyle Rogers!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

who I got to know throught this forum and his short posts :-).

lol_anchorman.gif

Short videos, too!  :P

Excellent tutorial, structured, easy to follow, full of important and very well conveyed information!

Thanks!  Glad it helped!

Kyle Rodgers

I've also learned a lot (an still do) with Kyle. Have you checked out the SYSK series? You must do it, since the acronym itself say, that is Stuff You Shoud Know.

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

I've also learned a lot (an still do) with Kyle. Have you checked out the SYSK series? You must do it, since the acronym itself say, that is Stuff You Shoud Know.

Thx for the hint!  I'm not actually an FSX/PMDG/Majestic user anymore :-(  I have quit using FSX long time ago. My sim is Aerowinx PSX, and version 1.6 of PFPX, released today, has a very nice bonus for us PSX users :-)

Anyway, those videos are certainly worth watching anyway ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Never heard of him, Thanks Jcomm!  ^_^

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Never heard of him, Thanks Jcomm!  ^_^

He's kind of abrasive - be forewarned.  :P

Kyle Rodgers

He's kind of abrasive - be forewarned.  :P

Indeed, but I could only find one in purple.

41dwFy44eDL._SX425_.jpg

Abrasive material...Because best joke in the world.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

simbrief.com (free and just as good, if not better)

Abrasive material...Because best joke in the world.

haha

simbrief.com (free and just as good, if not better)

eh...as a user of that, too, yes and no.  The UI isn't as good, and the features aren't as rich, but if you're just looking for some in-depth planning without all of the extra features, sure.

Kyle Rodgers

haha

eh...as a user of that, too, yes and no.  The UI isn't as good, and the features aren't as rich, but if you're just looking for some in-depth planning without all of the extra features, sure.

well, i enjoy the brief it gives with with detailed weather... some things PFPX are just missing.

Kyle needs to work on his presentation skills. "Drones on" comes to mind.

However...kudos to him for his hard work putting his videos together and making them available to the wider flightsim community. 

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

some things PFPX are just missing.

What things are missing  that your referring to

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Kyle needs to work on his presentation skills. "Drones on" comes to mind.

Goes off on wild tangents for sure.  Oddly enough, I used to be a corporate trainer and managed to not put people to sleep.  I guess I find it hard to drum up the same enthusiasm and energy while I'm talking to a computer screen.  That, and I'm in my house and don't have the best places to record, so speaking too loudly often gets some weird reverb.  I need some better equip...

...but also some caffeine and a reminder to not be like Ben Stein.

However...kudos to him for his hard work putting his videos together and making them available to the wider flightsim community. 

Appreciated.

What things are missing  that your referring to

Yeah, that's what I was wondering, but I wasn't in the mood for a debate to spark off... (for once...)

Kyle Rodgers

well for one is the realistic dispatch reports tailored to the airline. Winds aloft is another. there is more but obviously it wont matter here.