Sign in to follow this  
jfail

Simconnect problems

Hi Stephen,

I hope you can help me with a maddening problem.

I just built up a new computer using an Asus motherboard which is all working just fine. I have P3D 2.4 installed and working fine.  I also have OPUSFSI installed on the host machine (not using OPUS across the network).

I am encountering some problems with the use of SimConnect.

I have several other utilities used both across my network and on the local machine that is running Prepar3D such as SuperTrafficBoard, PLAN-G etc. I am also using several Saitek Flight Instrument Panels which used to be dependent on a specific version of Simconnect.  Saitek recently released a new version of their drivers which work fine with P3D with Simconnect or without Simconnect.   All of the utilities, instruments are working perfectly without having to use SimConnect.  For some reason that I don't understand when I use your SimConnect contained in \OPUSFSI to make OPUSFSI work correctly with Prepar3D 2.4 then none of my other utilities work anymore.  Removing SimConnect allows the other utilities to work again but of course not OPUSFSI which puts up a System.Type initialization error when it tries to load from the EXE.XML file.  I can't seem to find where to attach a screenshot of the error message.

Can you help straighten me out?

I can't really help. Opus uses the 'standard' SimConnect interface so needs SimConnect installed. I have no idea why those other packages would not work with SimConnect in use, it should not matter one way or the other. All I can recommend is that you ask them why their Addons do not work with SimConnect installed.

Stephen