Sign in to follow this  
timers15

PDMG 737NG Sounds

Guest ozpilot

Hi, Any comments from people regarding the Des Braban sounds for PDMGs 737NG or any other sounds for this aircraft. Thanks

Guest ThrottleUp

Its *excellent*As afar as Im concerned these are the best sounds available in FS9 for an airliner :)They are superior to the original PMDG sounds...easily. Des Braban has done an excellent job!Particularly well done is the distinctive takeoff whine as you advance the throttles and the authnetic-sounding wind-noise.But what I like most is that this is a "clean" soundset. Many other soundsets out there are good...but you can hear peoples voices because they have been recorded on a real flight. So when you activate reverse thrust you hear a conversation!But this sound is hi-quality throughout...get it :)Of course sound is a matter of personal taste but Im sure you will agree with me after downloading it and flying around!:)

Guest Tim W

Hi,I am just trying them out and they do seem rather good. The only thing is that I hear very little engine sound in Flyby or Spot view. Is that right or am I missing something? Also the R recirc fan sound is too high I think.CheersTimhttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair1.gif

Guest ThrottleUp

------------------------------------------------------------------------Also the R recirc fan sound is too high I think.------------------------------------------------------------------------You can easily fix that in Windows XP.You prob know all this but just in case :) :1. Find the sound and make a backup copy. 2. After that right-click on the sound file. Point to "Record". The Sound Recorder will appear. 3. Press the play button and then point to "Effects" and then "Decrease Volume".4. Keep repeating step 3 until the volume is decreased to a suitable level. Now save the file.5. Start up your FS9 and take the NG737 for a test hop!It will take a little experimentation (repeating steps 3,4,& 5) and then it will be at a level you like in the sim.

Guest ThrottleUp

-----------------------------------------I just turned the fan off.-----------------------------------------Oh! Lol! Yea that would sort it out! I just told u the sound recorder thing cuz I thought you wanted the fan sound - but at a lower volume :)

Hi I use the Des Braban sounds for my PMDG 738 and have found it to be just awesome. Much better than anything else. The PMDG sounds were good, but this one is much better.CheersBob

His sounds are spot on! I would say that they are the most realistic sounds I've heard for a airliner in MSFS.Mike T.

The AP disco sound is still wrong though. PMDG's is too fast and high-pitched, and this one is different as well. I actually tried tweaking them to sound right, but the #### computer kept locking up, so I gave up. Doesn't like tweaking sounds too much I guess, LOL. Still in search of a realistic AP disco sound. Might just get one from a video I have and edit it. Go to http://www.a340.net and watch a couple of the Boeing cockpit videos there. One has a real good disco at the beginning. It's not an NG, but the sound is the same.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest ozpilot

Thanks for advice - have installed sounds - they're great especially the takeoff

Guest Erick_Cantu

I don't mean to offend (and I know the community hates honesty in any shape or form, so I apologize in advance) but these sound nothing like a CFM56-7 engine.I should add that the startup and shutdown come from a DC-10. D'oh!Have a nice day! :)

Best in Class. The level of realism on approach as the jets speed up to offset flaps and and nose up is scary. Never had this simulated before and it really adds to the experience.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest Philip Olson

Eric, I agree, while I liked the sound set very much I have to say that this does not sound like a 737. I will probably find another aircraft that I can apply these sounds to since I enjoy them. I know for many people sound is important and they all have their own ideas about what a jet should sound like based on the aircraft that they have flown but for me I would like my 737 to sound like a 737 and a 747 to sound like a 747. So for now I think that the PMDG sounds are still the best for the PMDG, unless someone has a reccomendation. Oh, and I should add that I also want my 737 to sound like a 737 in the cockpit when I am in the cockpit, not sound like I am seated over the wing or anywhere else in the plane. I love to hear the engines roar too but unless someone mounts an extra engine above the cockpit on a real life 737 I don't want to have sounds like that in my simulator. :-lolPhilip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest ThrottleUp

------------------------------------------------------------------------I don't mean to offend (and I know the community hates honesty in any shape or form, so I apologize in advance) but these sound nothing like a CFM56-7 engine.------------------------------------------------------------------------You dont have to apologise! Ure just stating a fact :)I guess to hardcore simmers that would matter but for someone at my level they will do. I found the PMDG sounds a bit tinny! Thats interesting that the startup came from a DC-10 though! Personally I do a lot of mix n match with my sounds. So if I find that the engine whine or wind noise sucks in one soundset I grab those sounds from another one.I just got a 777 soundset that has a nice bassy rumble in the cruise....just what it sounds like (to me) in real life having been on a quite a few flights on the 777.Its a very personal thing though: sound in FS9. Some are happy with the default sounds, some are mid-level (like me) who kinda assign the same CFM56 soundset to both 737s & A320s (for example) and then there are the FS9 HyperGurus who push for max realism and try and get engine type/sub-type sepcific sounds!<<<<<------------------------------------->>>>I also wanna say that I totally agree with the comment made on this thread about hearing engine noise in the cockpit as if one was mounted right above the pilots! Is there a way to quieten the cockpit sounds but still have the loud wing & engine noise when you switch views?