Sign in to follow this  
zinny

Font size in GNS530 screen

Hello

Is there a way to make the airport / fixes labels larger in the GNS530 screen, unfortunately for me they are too small to read even when zoomed in.

Thank you

No there is not. I have to ask, are you using this in an aircraft that also has the default GPS installed in the panel somewhere?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yes .

The aircraft is the A2A Cessna 172. P3D 2.3

I undock it to a dedicated GPS monitor ,runs at 1024X728 I believe.

I just find the labels so small in when either in the dash or undocked.

Maybe someone that has a similar setup can confirm the labels are large and clear enough to read for them.

Thank you 

If indeed you do have the default GPS as a gauge in the aircraft... it is best to replace that with the Mindstar unit as well. Mix-n-match isn't supported.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Maybe I misunderstood WarpD.

I am using the Mindstar gauge only.

By default i meant the plane comes with a GPS but I do not use the default one.

Is my setup incorrect somewhere to make the labels so small or is this normal (can not find any images on the site to compare with)?

Thank you

Without an image of what you're seeing, I can't tell you if it's normal or not.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hello WarpD

Here is my first attempt of uploading a picture,fingers crossed

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/a96
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/a9G
I have been playing with changing the resolution of my display,helps a little maybe. In the plane dash for me it is harder to see rather than in the dedicated screen.

I hope the pictures show how small the labels are in comparison i guess to the DTK--TRK--DIS font at the top. 

I was zoomed in 10NM and find you have to get right up to the screen to read the labels.

Hope this helps some.

WarpD I understand now that Mindstar has no setting to change this but thought you might like to look at these.

Take care and thanks

I will pass this information on. Thank you.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hello Ed

I have adjusted monitor settings for the dedicated GPS screen and all looks good now.

Thank you for your time

I have the same problem. What settings you use now and what is the size of your dedicated screen?

screen resolution is 1024 X 728

7.25X5.25 screen

I still find the fonts small but clearer now by playing with screen colours and contrast a bit.

I am used to RealityXp and those are larger fonts.

I am adjusting with this again tonight and if I find any changes that help I will let you know

Good Luck

Hi Zinny,

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you confirm that from a zoom of 30 nm no air spaces, no VORs or NDBs be displayed? So actually only national boundaries and major lakes. Roads are not displayed at all. I used also the RealityXP GNS. Since the presentation was much better.

regards
Ralf

Hello Ralf

My resolution for the screen was lowered to  640 X 480 , the native resolution is 1024 X 728 but unfortunately it makes the font/labels much too small.

I never seen your latest post until this morning ,I will test your scenario later.

Another issue regarding labels for me is that on some airport icons the label overlays the icon but they are both of the same colour therefore the label becomes unreadable . 

I will get back with your request.