Sign in to follow this  
philyagoda

FSX Stutters

The cause could be external to FSX.  Ensure you have excluded the FSX folder from your antivirus program.  You could also try something like iobit's GameBooster to see if it helps.  Ensure your hard or fixed drive isn't getting close to being full.  From my experience, it takes time to find the cause of stutters, but eventually you will find it.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

For me stutter occur if I have frame rate limit set too high. I usually use a setting of 20-24fps, still plenty smooth for me to enjoy a FSX.

Seems to me your current stutters are due to using a somewhat less than top end computer and having these settings set too high while flying in densly populated urban areas: Autogen Density, Scenery Complexity and LOD Radius.  To eliminate your stutters, either lower these setting or simply avoid flying in areas that are problematic (or get a faster computer).

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

The cause could be external to FSX.  Ensure you have excluded the FSX folder from your antivirus program.  You could also try something like iobit's GameBooster to see if it helps.  Ensure your hard or fixed drive isn't getting close to being full.  From my experience, it takes time to find the cause of stutters, but eventually you will find it.  

Thanks a lot for your answer.The truth is i just formatted my system and nothing is installed into my computer except FSX.So i have around 900 gb free space in my computer.In addition i dont use any antivirus.I use Razer Game Booster,it used to help me a lot actually.

It could also be the particular scenery..  experiment a bit..

It might be however after i get these stutters from zürich i opened another flight in another scenery (which is exactly the same in the video)i couldnt get rid of them.I would say my system is lack of running this game in my settings but i used to play this game perfectly.Somehow it is broken and 2 days ago it was fixed actually but i am not sure what happened suddenly.Plus i didnt install anything after installed my FSX.

Seems to me your current stutters are due to using a somewhat less than top end computer and having these settings set too high while flying in densly populated urban areas: Autogen Density, Scenery Complexity and LOD Radius.  To eliminate your stutters, either lower these setting or simply avoid flying in areas that are problematic (or get a faster computer).

When i decrease the settings i still get those stutters.I used to play the game with same settings and i was getting really good fps.Still it says i am getting 38 fps but its just like stutters in every second.Thats why i said i have never seen a problem like this before.Thank you for your answer anyway !

Could your system be overheating?  CPU or GPU or both?

Blow out the dust maybe..

Bert

Could your system be overheating?  CPU or GPU or both?

Blow out the dust maybe..

Well when i enter the game nvidia spector is opened in the background and it says my computer temperature is around 43-44 C...I suppose this is normal isnt it ?

By the way i have realized something.I had installed barcelona airport add on,(this was an add-on i used to use actually)then i deleted it now then the stutters are gone again.Not only in Barcelona area,in all the sceneries.

Wow.. that is good news!

Well when i enter the game nvidia spector is opened in the background and it says my computer temperature is around 43-44 C...I suppose this is normal isnt it ?

Nvidia Inspector will track the GPU temperature.

You should also check the CPU  temps.. using RealTemp for example.

Bert

Wow.. that is good news!

Nvidia Inspector will track the GPU temperature.

You should also check the CPU  temps.. using RealTemp for example.

Okay i am going to do it immediately ! What does CPU temps should be normally ?

Okay i am going to do it immediately ! What does CPU temps should be normally ?

60-70 degrees C is OK.

No more than 80 degrees C under full load.

Bert

60-70 degrees C is OK.

No more than 80 degrees C under full load.

Okay i will write the result here after i check it.Im so thankful sir.

For me stutter occur if I have frame rate limit set too high. I usually use a setting of 20-24fps, still plenty smooth for me to enjoy a FSX.

Does that mess with your vsync?

Does that mess with your vsync?

I never worry about vsync as tearing is very rarely an issue for me in a game now and then.

So no vsync issue for me in fsx.

Finally i solved my problem and i wanted to share with you guys.I dont know if it only works for me but i still want to share.

I opened my computer case and i cleaned it up with sweeper.I thought it wouldnt have worked but when i opened the game i was shocked.Especially there was so much dusts in the CPU.So now my game works perfectly.Thanks for your helps by the way.I love AVSIM members !