Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

DSR - WOW - Must See

This driver is great with or without DSR - Nvidia could sell this as a new driver for non laptops and everyone would be praising it but dont tell them lol

Ah. I just removed it after went back to the old ones after not liking the look of the new screen resolution...

I'll try the driver again tonight with my normal resolution. Thanks for the tip Rich!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Ah. I just removed it after went back to the old ones after not liking the look of the new screen resolution...

I'll try the driver again tonight with my normal resolution. Thanks for the tip Rich!

Welcome buddy - this driver ROCKS  :t4020: 

ok I have a 4790k I7 64 bit, nividia 660TI, 18 gigs of ram, motherboard is a AS rock Z97. My driver now is 344.11, looked for 344.24 on the nividia site, cant find it, so does this meen I cant do the DSR tweak??, and if Yes, where in the world is the 344.24 driver. I looked in the beta section could not find it.

This driver is in all the links in this post - please read some of them - this driver is not on nvidia site

Rich Sennett

Did some more testing, and as others have discovered this only works within the sim if the 'black out desktop' box is ticked, which is pretty useless for multi monitor users.

You can use multiple monitors if you select the resolution within windows instead, although you will have to put up with the reduced text/window size on the primary monitor.

I am using 3 1920x1080 monitors.  All you have to do is check "black out" and specify the larger resolution ... for each monitor ... using the dropdown box for the GPU selection where resolution is set for full screen in P3D.  It works beautifully.

I am running FSX in 3000x1875 with no issues on my Gigabyte GTX660Ti OC. 2GB.

Native monitor resolution is 1920x1200. Did not need to download anything. Within the NVidia control panel you set the scaling to GPU....then create and test some higher resolutions until you get what you need.

After I did this I downgraded AA in DX10 fixer from 8x to 4x and changed my fsx.cfg to rejectsmallpart radius from 4 to 6.

No FPS loss. No downloads. All stock NVidia drivers. Took me 5 minutes to do. Visual improvement clearly visible.

Will need to keep an eye on my GPU now....so far fan has not gone beyond 60%.

Thanks to OP for poitning us in this direction

Did not need to download anything. Within the NVidia control panel you set the scaling to GPU....then create and test some higher resolutions until you get what you need.
 Right.  The only difference is that you do not get the smoothing effect which is built into DSR, and the downscaling method you use applies to everything, not just the game you are playing.   When done with P3D, everything goes back to normal.

This is good news guys - beautiful screenshots also

Rich Sennett

Can I use in FSX and can you guys tell me exactly what too do? I use NI with 8SGSS and 8X in the Fixer, Im using 344.11 Drivers and a GTX 680, I wanna try this but I don't know how and does it work in FSX?

please help Rich, thank you buddy.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I bought an MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 today - I am blown away by how good DSR looks in FSX - this is a game changing feature for image quality in the sim. The card looks and performs amazing too - the cooler is essentially passive unless you're playing something like Crysis 3 on it. The fans don't even run until it gets up above 60C.

I'm gonna mess around with combining DSR with other settings this weekend and see what combinations are possible while still maintaining good performance.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Can I use in FSX and can you guys tell me exactly what too do? I use NI with 8SGSS and 8X in the Fixer, Im using 344.11 Drivers and a GTX 680, I wanna try this but I don't know how and does it work in FSX?

please help Rich, thank you buddy.

Hi Ron - sorry getting another screenshot ready :)

Follow this link - it will tell you what to do its post #180

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/453097-dsr-wow-must-see/page-12

============================================

Well if your blown away Ryan it must be good - glad your enjoying it - I high resolution monitor guys will not see a much of difference

Rich Sennett

Hi Mr. Sennett & Comrades.

First off thank you with blessings for filling me in on this and yes it can work with FS9. My minor dilemma are my ND and EICAS1 on the Queen(B744). Pics will illustrate.

*zpa-c.jpg

&

*h_z_g.jpg

Since this is minor to me knowing this fault I could live with it but if there is some sort of solution in which i doubt,  it would be a gem.

So far this only effect the PMDG B744 on my end. Besides that, i am  enjoying the new modification over Russia en-route to KLAX on VATME.  Thank you again.   :wub: 

*52trc.jpg

* Unedited pics

Hi Mr. Sennett & Comrades.

Well Mr Benz - so happy its working out for you - thats awesome :) as for your minor problem not sure on that one could be a font issue and resolution discrepency - that would be my guess and you might have to live with that - also did it do it before using DSR ? if not I place my bet on the resolution problem - hey maybe someone else may have an idea - have fun my Friend

Rich Sennett

The font thing with the 744 is being caused by DPI scaling in Windows - go set it to 100% (Smaller) in the Screen resolution/Make text and other items larger or smaller screen. (right click the desktop to get these)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com