Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Twin Turbo Pilots

Guest jwhak1

Hello, Anyone know of some good twin turbo addon planes that are bigger than the king air and are decent addons?Kinda interested in some fairly modern heavy turbo props.. Thanks

Guest monsoon

If the F1 ATR ever gets poatched I would say get that one. Its parked in my hangar until patched though

Guest danowat

Free or pay?, commuter or GA?There are quite a few real gems out there.Dan.

Guest jwhak1

>Free or pay?, commuter or GA?>>There are quite a few real gems out there.>>Dan.Yeah Dan looking for some Twin Turbo Props with some fairly realistic settings... Trying to get preped up for FS Passengers..Gonna work on running a company with twin turbo props... Thanks

Guest danowat

For a realistic twin turbo commuter, you would be hard pushed to better the ATR from F1, although, for a quirky, but extremely nice and realistic twin turbo, check out the NAMC YS-11 from AFG, its in the library.Dan.

I will second Dan's votes. I don't own the F1 ATR but it looks really nice. And for freeware, the YS-11 is hard to beat. It has a fairly functional VC, and some very interesting and detailed engine modeling. (Hint: Don't try taking off without reading the docs first or you will fry the engines, as I found out the hard way. Fuel trimmers are your friend!)Some other suggestions--there is an excellent freeware DHC-8-300 with a VERY detailed panel, including FMC, available here on AVSIM (I can't remember the author's name, but I believe he's Russian). And, don't forget the Project Globe Twotter DHC-6 Twin Otters, for those short hops and small fields.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Guest jordanmoore

I enjoy the B1900D from PMDG, with JL2 gauges from reality-xp. This is a very nice step from the default King Air. (In fact this combination makes it the most highly used fixed-wing in my hangar) However, if I want higher fidelity in terms of engine control and other systems, the B200 King Air from Aeroworx is my choice. (But you mentioned you wanted larger than King Air, so it might not be a good choice for you).Jordan Moore

"Russian" Dash 8 search Avsim for :Oleksiy Frolovand you will find the 2 files you need. This is a great example of freeware.JackD

I have the 1900 C and D and love them both, although I'm partial now to the C model. Either one is a good investment at a great price.KP

Check out that awsome B200 from aeroworx. Its a king air, so you may not like it size wise, but its great. If not that, go for the new B1900C from PMDG. A little bit improved over the D model. Gauges and sounds are better. Toss in the reality XP gauges, and you got one killer prob job. :):-waveMaybe the F1 ATR if you like more sophisticated planes..

Guest jwhak1

CoolHey gents thanks for the info and sharing the fun on the ole Flight Sim O'leI am jonsing for that FS Passengers :-jumpy Can't Wait to check it out...

Guest jwhak1

>I have the 1900 C and D and love them both, although I'm>partial now to the C model. Either one is a good investment>at a great price.>KPHey Ken I noticed their are 3 of them are the C and D the only 2 available at this time?B1900C Passenger B1900C Freight B1900C CargoI know their are the C & D as far as making the cargo have the belly pod is that just a livery download that is available after the purchase? Thanks

If you buy the C model, you get three versions (pax, freight, cargo) as part of the package.You can download many liveries (for free).. example the FedEx one attached.The D model is priced separately and comes only in a passenger version.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/112985.jpg

Bert