Sign in to follow this  
Domini99

Simcheck a300 won't hold altitude or follow vertical speed.

I recently got myself the simcheck a300, and was doing some INS autopilot flights.

Now the problem is, that the aircraft refuses to hold the altitude we're on when I hit the altitude hold button, it will continue to climb very steep at 4000, sometimes 5000 feet per minute, it will keep doing this until the aircraft stalls and falls from the sky.

When i hit the v/spd button, it will start flying up and down instead of holding the vertical speed.

Sometimes it recovers and then holds the v/spd, but most of the time it will keep flying up and down with 500fpm and -500fpm.

I know there once was a plane that had a malfunction that caused the autopilot to keep flying up and down, but i couldn't find anything.

Right now im flying, i was cleared for fl100, and it simply keeps going 9000feet, sudden 2000/3000fpm climb to 11000feet, and then steep descent of 2000/3000fpm to 9000 feet and wouldn't hold altitude. FInally i gave up with the altitude hold function and started using the v/spd function.

The plane is flying relatively stable now, but it still won't 0fpm correctly. still goes up and down in between 10000feet and 11000 feet.

especially in turns, it tends to nosedive, and when it completes the turn it goes up incredibly fast again.

Does anybody know what i'm doing wrong?

7d217c05df0be58860c8b6a069357000.png

Sorry for second post, i wanted to edit the OP and add the post there but there was no way i could type or do anything under the image

Here's a second pic:

c50b01430ab644cd42dead3cc3d08b8c.png

So glad you've asked this because I too experienced the same and have thus stopped flying it.

I sympathise with your problem, but can't suggest any solution.  Why not try speaking directly to the developers who are usually present on the dedicated Simcheck subforum at Aerosoft.com

Bryn

So glad you've asked this because I too experienced the same and have thus stopped flying it.

Yeah, i cannot fly it like this too. For short flights i will handle the plane manually, but when doing longer flights i'd like to have a functional autopilot

I sympathise with your problem, but can't suggest any solution.  Why not try speaking directly to the developers who are usually present on the dedicated Simcheck subforum at Aerosoft.com

Bryn

Okay i will do thanks :)

Will do tomorrow, i don't have any more time today, it's starting to get late already.

You are not setting the autopilot properly. It's different from other planes. I am at the office and don't have it in front of me, it's all in the manual, MUST READ! I'll see if I can remember the steps approximately: first you set the rate of climb, set your target altitude, then when you turn on the autopilot you go to the VS button, after that you have to switch on the altitude acquisition button. The plane levels off automatically when it gets to the input altitude. That's approximately it, do check the manual for more careful definitions.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

You are not setting the autopilot properly. It's different from other planes. I am at the office and don't have it in front of me, it's all in the manual, MUST READ! I'll see if I can remember the steps approximately: first you set the rate of climb, set your target altitude, then when you turn on the autopilot you go to the VS button, after that you have to switch on the altitude acquisition button. The plane levels off automatically when it gets to the input altitude. That's approximately it, do check the manual for more careful definitions.

Lee

What you said didn't work, it still doesn't understand the difference between 1500fps and spaceshuttle, and it doesn't level of :(

I will read the manual when i have time.

According to the autopilot this is how +1500fps should be done:

363207a2ff61da937723e9d8ff295103.png

Im sorry but this plane keeps stalling itself out when i decide to use the autopilot, which sucks.

When I can get in front of it later I'll write the steps out. It does work. Are you dialing the rate of climb into the blue area first, then the autopilot then the VS and then alt acquisition once alt is set? Also set the speed.

Lee

Lee H

When I can get in front of it later I'll write the steps out. It does work. Are you dialing the rate of climb into the blue area first, then the autopilot then the VS and then alt acquisition once alt is set? Also set the speed.

Lee

Here's what i do:

Before takeoff i set speed for the autothrottle, and prepare the autopilot by setting the altitude i want to go and setting the rate of climb into the blue area.

After takeoff i engage the autothrottle, enable the autopilot, push the VS button, (at this point the plane still flies correctly) than push the alt acquisition button, after i pushed the alt acquisition the plane rapidly starts climbing with more than 4000feet per minute, skips the altitude i set the autopilot to, keeps climbing very steep until it stalls. After it stalls it still keeps pulling back, causing the plane to start spinning... and if i don't do anything the plane will end up in a flat spin or such.....

Thanks for the help already :)

Lee

I too went through all that. Still, no dice. Same issues as OP.

What you said didn't work, it still doesn't understand the difference between 1500fps and spaceshuttle, and it doesn't level of :(

I will read the manual when i have time.

According to the autopilot this is how +1500fps should be done:

363207a2ff61da937723e9d8ff295103.png

Im sorry but this plane keeps stalling itself out when i decide to use the autopilot, which sucks.

Ditto

Okay, you are doing everything correct. There's one other little step in the ALT and ALT AQC steps and I can't quite recall it until I get in front of it later. I'll try to look at it and post here.

Lee

B)

Lee H

Okay, just tried a quickie take off. Set the speed, I set 250, then set the altitude, set the rate of climb in the blue like maybe 1500 or 2000, set the heading and flaps. Caution the speed resets itself after a flap setting, re-check speed. Take off. Autopilot can't be set until above 700 feet, I think, I'm not near the manual. Do you set the left lever for the autopilot on first? Now click VS and the Alt Acq, then speed. Don't touch altitude. It should settle into a climb at the rate you set it. It will climb to your set altitude and settle itself there, don't touch anything. Climbing again? Set new altitude, hit VS and after a little, Alt Aqc. Should all work.

Lee

Lee H

Just adding my guesses to the game. There's a need for FSUIPC to be installed for this plane. The free version is perfectly fine, it just has to be there. So, just to be safe, head over to Pete's site and get the latest version and install it as admin.

Your screenshot shows that you have enabled the AP2. This isn't necessarily a problem but it might develop into one or at least add to the confusion. So I would suggest to stick with AP1 (captain's side) for the whole trouble shooting process.

As for your textual description, I don't find anything wrong there. You can enable an extra panel option for the VS window to automatically follow your current VS, so that enabling "VS" will always be spot on, but even without this option this

after i pushed the alt acquisition the plane rapidly starts climbing with more than 4000feet per minute

should not happen at all. Hence my thinking that the installation (of the plane and maybe FSUIPC) might be wonky at some point. :mellow:

Still, I like your screenshot. That's some serious Tex Johnston skill there. :Shocked:

Okay, you are doing everything correct. There's one other little step in the ALT and ALT AQC steps and I can't quite recall it until I get in front of it later. I'll try to look at it and post here.

Lee

B)

Okay, just tried a quickie take off. Set the speed, I set 250, then set the altitude, set the rate of climb in the blue like maybe 1500 or 2000, set the heading and flaps. Caution the speed resets itself after a flap setting, re-check speed. Take off. Autopilot can't be set until above 700 feet, I think, I'm not near the manual. Do you set the left lever for the autopilot on first? Now click VS and the Alt Acq, then speed. Don't touch altitude. It should settle into a climb at the rate you set it. It will climb to your set altitude and settle itself there, don't touch anything. Climbing again? Set new altitude, hit VS and after a little, Alt Aqc. Should all work.

Lee

I'll check this out when i have time, thanks :)

Just adding my guesses to the game. There's a need for FSUIPC to be installed for this plane. The free version is perfectly fine, it just has to be there. So, just to be safe, head over to Pete's site and get the latest version and install it as admin.

Your screenshot shows that you have enabled the AP2. This isn't necessarily a problem but it might develop into one or at least add to the confusion. So I would suggest to stick with AP1 (captain's side) for the whole trouble shooting process.

As for your textual description, I don't find anything wrong there. You can enable an extra panel option for the VS window to automatically follow your current VS, so that enabling "VS" will always be spot on, but even without this option this

should not happen at all. Hence my thinking that the installation (of the plane and maybe FSUIPC) might be wonky at some point. :mellow:

Still, I like your screenshot. That's some serious Tex Johnston skill there. :Shocked:

I enabled AP2 because i taught AP1 was malfunctioning.

I will make a video soon to show the problem. I have FSUIPC installed, because Vatsim won't work without it.

Hahahaha unfortunately the screenshot was an inverted flat spin, so the plane slammed into the ground a few seconds afterwards  :unsure:

One final thought: sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the aircraft fixes bizarre behaviour.  Reinstall "as administrator" of course.

Good luck - and do try talking to the developers over at Aerosoft if this doesn't work.

Bryn