Sign in to follow this  
Domini99

Simcheck a300 won't hold altitude or follow vertical speed.

Keep us posted how it works out, Domini99. Would be a shame if you would miss that plane. I still like it a lot. Maybe the reinstall action cures the issues.

Keep us posted how it works out, Domini99. Would be a shame if you would miss that plane. I still like it a lot. Maybe the reinstall action cures the issues.

I haven't had much time today, exams  :(

Okay i tried today, but i can't seem to get it working :(

It's always the same, it goes right untill i press the altitude acquisition button :(

From that point the plane starts climbing with more than 4000feet per minute untill it stalls :(
What i do:
1. Set flaps

2. Make sure i made no errors in my INS

3. Make sure i got my plane right

4. Take off,

5. At about 1500/2000 feet I press the autopilot on button, than the vertical speed button, than the NAV button. Still goes right.

6. Now when i press the altitude acquisition button it immidiatly starts climbing/diving out of control.

I would suggest contacting the dev over at Aerosoft. Maybe save a flight just before and just after this happened and send him the panel state files (to be found in A300B4\Settings) plus the ones FSX normally saves, so he can recreate the situation.

If there was something wrong on your end, he would be able to find out.

Don't use NAV use the HDG Select button instead. Get the plane settled before going to NAV. Make sure the rate of climb is set in the blue dial maybe 1500-2000 only. Must set ALT before engaging VS and then Alt ACQ. Must use left AP on lever first.

P.S. I had an idea, just to be safe, in your setup menu under panel states choose the one that is ready for take off, that way you know everything is ready to go. Don't forget to dial in your 250 speed on the autothrottle, sometimes that changes with different menu settings.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I just tried a flight and everything worked. I took some images and tried to upload them to this post, but AVSIM has made the posting of photos so complicated I couldn't get the images to embed properly.

Lee

Lee H

Upload the images to an image hoster of your choice and place the links in your post, Lee. Works fine and saves Avsim the storage space.

This I do want to see before getting my A300 out of the hangar

Did you run into the same problem, Rick? Disregard, saw your other post.

I haven't contacted a dev yet, but i'll be trying Lee's tricks now.
If this doesn't work for me my aircraft is broken.

Don't use NAV use the HDG Select button instead. Get the plane settled before going to NAV. Make sure the rate of climb is set in the blue dial maybe 1500-2000 only. Must set ALT before engaging VS and then Alt ACQ. Must use left AP on lever first.

P.S. I had an idea, just to be safe, in your setup menu under panel states choose the one that is ready for take off, that way you know everything is ready to go. Don't forget to dial in your 250 speed on the autothrottle, sometimes that changes with different menu settings.

Lee

I finished exams and took some time again, this seems to work!

The flight i tried today was without INS navigation, only heading hold so i'll have to check out again with INS later.

Anyways, Thanks Lee i think this solved it  :lol:

This button order seems to work ^_^

I finished exams and took some time again, this seems to work!

The flight i tried today was without INS navigation, only heading hold so i'll have to check out again with INS later.

Anyways, Thanks Lee i think this solved it  :lol:

This button order seems to work ^_^

Thanks for that feedback. Now based on your seemingly successful attempt, I reckon I'll get her out of the hangar and give it a shot.

Great! As you get deeper into it, you will need to spend a bit of time with the manual as it has a few other autopilot quirks. Do you have the FMC version, that's actually a bit better than the INS version.

Lee

Lee H

Thanks for that feedback. Now based on your seemingly successful attempt, I reckon I'll get her out of the hangar and give it a shot.

Im cruising at fl350 mach .78 right now with INS, seems to work fine :)

I'd say get that airbus flying it's a great aircraft :D