Sign in to follow this  
Domini99

Simcheck a300 won't hold altitude or follow vertical speed.

Great! As you get deeper into it, you will need to spend a bit of time with the manual as it has a few other autopilot quirks. Do you have the FMC version, that's actually a bit better than the INS version.

Lee

Hahaha i know.

No, i don't have the FMC version. I don't need it either, i don't need FMC anyways. It's fun in the glass cockpit jets, but i want to keep this jet old-school :)

Good outcome, Domini. :smile: Wishing you some nice flights.

Just adding my guesses to the game. There's a need for FSUIPC to be installed for this plane. The free version is perfectly fine, it just has to be there. So, just to be safe, head over to Pete's site and get the latest version and install it as admin.

Hello,

No need anymore to have this stuff installed from the last A300 SP2 version.

From the author "Switched from FSUIPC to SimConnect, this will hopefully resolve some small issues"

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Lee

Any chance you can PM me the images you could not upload.

Just got this bird up in the air following your tips, not using the INS as that is a totally different fish for me and I need to study a tutorial on that.

Alas, nearing CRZ altitude, I had a right engine fire. Despite pulling out the lever on the RHS extinguisher, smoke still bellowing out, lost power and altitude rapidly.

Back to the hangar with this bird!

Somewhere in the menus you can disable failure modes. It's all there. I'll see about the images.

All the best,

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Rick, engine failures are modelled and usually result from running the TO power setting for too long. And Lee is right, you can disable them. I would leave them on though and just make sure to set the N1 computer to the CL preset shortly after takeoff.

From the author "Switched from FSUIPC to SimConnect, this will hopefully resolve some small issues"

Good point.

CoolP, thanks for that. I think I goofed as I had N1 on, had set the altitude to 25k, and was not far from reaching that altitude when I inadvertently trying to increase the speed which was stuck at 250kts switched off that N1, then after seeing that THR OFF warning switched it back on and then had the right engine fire.

As regards switching FSUIPC off to SimConnect, how is that done? Where do I find this SimConnect?

I have to apologise for introducing the FSUIPC confusion before, Rick. DrumsArt is right, it's (the A300) on Simconnect now and this is a default component of FSX, so you have to do nothing to make it work. The only reason it would stop working would be if the installation got corrupted at some point, but one could repair that and also would receive an error message when the plane starts up I think.

You can also check with other planes. I think A2A releases run a startup check and message the user if the SimConnect stuff is wonky. You would receive that green message bar and a non functional plane.

Okay, I give up with this plane. Followed everything as per previous flight. Throttled back. When selecting SPD, N1 goes off, if selecting IAS, ALT selection goes of, then I have this plane doing what the OP posted at the start of this thread. One minute pitching ridiculously high and speed dropping off, then yo-yoing downwards, then spiralling totally out of control. I have no idea what is going on or what I ma doing wrong.

Time to ditch this and park it back in the hangar. There is no option no turn of failures.

I have no idea where or what this SimConnect is nor did I see any error flag. I did a C&D and all went well till I got to around 9500 when it all started going skew-whiff.

I'm done with this plane. Time to flog my disk away to CEX. At least I can enjoy the fiver better than this nonsense.

I'm sorry if i re-up this post, but i started to use this plane, i had the same problem, and now i think i solved this little mistery, for a plane very well made that deserve a chance. 

In poor words: the plane is made good, tha autopilot is made by word not allowed. The problem of the crazy vertical speed happens when the plane goes overspeed, and for overspeed, i mean the lower overspeed pre-disposed, the 0.82 Mach. 

Yes, there is a setting of minimum overspeed of 0.86, but the system keep maintaining as reference 0.82 Mach, so when we speed-up to 0.84/0.85, something in the code start to confuse, and thinking it's in overspeed, it starts to climb to make the plane decelerate, BUT! suddently the auto-throttle system start to see that the pitch increased, and to keep the speed it increase the throttle to, with N1 max references that are a lot high and allow the plane to climb with high speeds.

SUMMARY: Taking as reference 0.82 as Overspeed the plane, at speeds above it, start auto-climbing to decrese, but auto-throttle start increase and doesn't allow speed to decrease. RESULT: this doesn't allow any system of the plane to command the pitch (as the Vertical speed command), you can solve only turning off auto-throttle and decresing manually the speed, to make him return to normal values. 

How to solve this for long flights: it's bad to say, but only maintain speeds max to 0.81 mach... or the problem will ever happen. Second: considering weather changes are also crazy in some situations, as real climate conditions or IVAO conditions, that for example if you now have a headwind of 10 knots, in a bit of seconds it can change in a tailwind 30 kts wind, confusing so the autopilot... the answer is to make the throttle response more delicate, and not violent, so what to do? Simply instead setting the CRZ as MAX N1, set the FLX T.O. and change it to lower values... consider CRZ at FL360 is 110 of N1, i set FLX T.O. to be 103 N1 and it's a lot more delicate.

After all of this, it will keep auto-saving from overspeed, but it will be more rare and most important thing, it will be a lot more controllable. 

I hope my words will help people with this problem, because the plane is really valid.