Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Khan

PMDG 777 Graphics Blackout

Hi,

The issue i have is that when i load my 777 it loads perfectly in high resolutions and full-screen mode but as soon as i open and then close any dialogue box or menu such as the navigation log or fspassengers x window then i loose sight of the aircraft it and the textures of the surrounding terrain covers the whole screen and becomes blurry, although i can still hear the aircraft and atc but no matter what i do it doesn't brings the aircraft back to its normal view. I tried switching to windowed mode but the screen goes black and doesn't return to normal

I tried switching to a low resolution with windowed mode and that worked for me but as soon as i switch to full screen with a higher resolution the problem comes back. No other aircraft gives me this problem including the pmdg 737 and 747... And yes I have updated my graphic card drivers.

Any help would be appreciated. 

First, please be careful when posting. If the forum is slow then you end up with multiple posts... four in your case.

Second, please read: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/447430-blunt-warning-sign-your-posts-or/

Third, a possible solution can be found in the Introduction document pg 00.25 regarding problems with FSX menus and dialogs, verify you have the UIAutomationCore.dll fix installed.

Finally, not sure if above will fix your problem. Do you have a video card with at least 1Gb of video memory?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey.....that is funny....I had the same thing a few days ago.

My new Saitek Cessna Yoke ruined my FSX install due to incompatibility between its driver and my motherboards ASMEDIA 3.0 USB controller (or driver)

So I had to reinstall FSX from an earlier image (once again) and now that I have the Saitek Yoke on an Intell USB 3.0 everything is fine.

Except that I had two flights that I started in Windowed mode and as soon as used full screen (I have 3 displays connected)......everything went black!

It was quite hard to get out of the flight too, because there was nothing there.

Only sound.

One of them flights I finally managed to get back in to the FSX main setup screen and in there the area where you normally see the aircraft turning, everything was black as well.

I do not know if it is the 777 only because I have not tried any other aircraft on my re-imaged system.

Personally I was thinking about a GPU going bad rather than a PMDG777 problem because I never had anything like this before (I would not have taken a backup image of a bad FSX install either).

I have done a couple of flights since and the problem has not reappeared.

Rob Robson

First, please be careful when posting. If the forum is slow then you end up with multiple posts... four in your case.

Second, please read: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/447430-blunt-warning-sign-your-posts-or/

Third, a possible solution can be found in the Introduction document pg 00.25 regarding problems with FSX menus and dialogs, verify you have the UIAutomationCore.dll fix installed.

Finally, not sure if above will fix your problem. Do you have a video card with at least 1Gb of video memory?

Ok... sorry about that but i was unable to find a fix for this problem and i had no idea how to search within this forum, its huge... And Yes I have a 1 GB intel HD running on windows 7 sp 1 with 8 GB of RAM.

The Plane runs perfectly when i start the simulator but as i mentioned before as soon as i switch windows everything goes blurry and black.

Just a mention here that you ignored 2) and 3) in my post. Wish I could help.

Dan Downs KCRP

Just a mention here that you ignored 2) and 3) in my post. Wish I could help.

Don't worry....he ignored my post completely.

Rob Robson

Problem solved I think..

Did you install the UIAutomationCore.dll fix? Was that the solution?