Sign in to follow this  
Capt Pugwash

CLS Boeing 747 200/300hd - Just Flight 50% off

I do not have the HD so was wondering if it is worth the upgrade, which is also at half price.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I do not have the HD so was wondering if it is worth the upgrade, which is also at half price.

I never upgraded as I never really flew the 747-200 due to low res textures of the old version but its only $7 so I figure V2 of the plane is worth the small amount considering I had some just flight point the upgrade only cost $5. I wish they would upgrade their DC-10

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Well David I have parked the 747 for sometime.  But as you say $7 may prompt me to give it a try. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

What's the difference between V2 and the original? My V1 is sitting in the back of the hangar, and I'm just wondering if the half price upgrade is worth it. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

What's the difference between V2 and the original? My V1 is sitting in the back of the hangar, and I'm just wondering if the half price upgrade is worth it. 

Much better textures and a better FMC I believe. I'm off to the desert to get the 747-200 out of the bone yard and see what changes have been made.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Super!  Thanks for the heads up.  I'll be getting this one.

Just one question.  What happens to the original liveries?  Are they written over?

Reason I ask is because I purchased a livery expansion pack for it a few years ago.  Will I still be able to choose these liveries if they're not available on the HD version?

I just took a look at the list and there's no Garuda :( .  It's my favorite on the livery expansion pack.

I never upgraded as I never really flew the 747-200 due to low res textures of the old version but its only $7 so I figure V2 of the plane is worth the small amount considering I had some just flight point the upgrade only cost $5. I wish they would upgrade their DC-10

David CLS is working on a v2 of the DC-10 with a new virtual cockpit. https://www.commerciallevel.com/index.php?id=16

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Aargh!  Missed the sale.  I was really busy taking care of my fish tanks and had the uk/na times mixed up.  Will still buy in the near future at regular price. 

David CLS is working on a v2 of the DC-10 with a new virtual cockpit. https://www.commerciallevel.com/index.php?id=16

I missed this.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm so glad they're updating.  Back in 2011, they had planned on it but it went stale by 2012.  I'm so looking forward to this more than anything at the moment.

Its not a huge upgrade since the panels aren't anywhere near Carenado or PMDG quality but considering it was only $5 it was well worth it since now the 747-200 is decent enough to use again. A couple of screens from tonight's test flight at Kai Tak

2014_10_13_21_1_36_417.jpg

2014_10_13_21_1_53_968.jpg

2014_10_13_21_2_0_936.jpg

2014_10_13_21_2_17_202.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Let me say they did add a lot of functionally to the plane one thing I just noticed is that you can control all the panel and gauge lights separately and also adjust the brightness of each this alone is worth the upgrade. Also the VC looks great at night

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thanks for sharing the pics.  They look fantastic.  That's a neat feature with the lighting.

How is the fps hit in HD?  I remember the original being very fps friendly.  I'm in DX10 and looking forward to trying this.

This is a poor show for a chargeable 'upgrade' in my opinion.   All they seemed to do is upscale the resolution of the textures, and add a little lighting (are you sure that wasn't on the original?).

Despite CLS introducing things like a working IAS (pitch) mode in their (not bad) BAe 146, they haven't bothered adding it, or anything like it to this 742 "V2" .... (despite every 742 on the planet having a 'IAS' mode).

Poor show.

I wouldn't 'upgrade' to this unless there was 99% off the RRP.

Thanks for sharing the pics.  They look fantastic.  That's a neat feature with the lighting.

How is the fps hit in HD?  I remember the original being very fps friendly.  I'm in DX10 and looking forward to trying this.

Its super smooth and its well worth the upgrade fee.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.