Hi all,

I have a cooling issue with my case and have decided to get a new case and move my existing mobo, graphics card etc etc to it.

I have a yoke, joystick rudder pedals all connected via USB.

The question is, when I move the case, do I need to ensure that the devices are connected to the same USB ports or can they be changes ?

I have configured buttons and axis via FSUIPC and don't want to lose any of those assignments.

The question is more like, if when reconnecting the devices again, once I move my mobo to the new case, do I need to maintain the devices on the same USB port or will my assignments get messed up if I plug them into different USB ports ?.

Thanks

Hari

Hi Hari.

I think the answer to that is no..... if indeed this is the same computer you used before it should remember...........I have moved my USB cables to my devices around with no adverse effects.................But I have never changed the case.......

Hope that helps you........If you are still not sure please wait for more comments to assist you.

Brian.

The question is, when I move the case, do I need to ensure that the devices are connected to the same USB ports or can they be changes ?

I have configured buttons and axis via FSUIPC and don't want to lose any of those assignments.

FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf

Page  26    Keeping track of multiple control devices ("Joy Letters")

In your Fsuipc.ini put AutoAssignLetters=Yes in the [JoyNames] section and then Fsuipc will look after them for you.

You can unplug your controllers and not worry about which ports they were originally on, Fsuipc will sort it all out and your assignments will still work

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=Yes