Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Why Does Zoom In/Out Stop Working?

Can anyone shed light why, using the PMDG MD-11 KLM 95 Years repaint, at FSDT's KORD, I am able to use the keyboard to cycle views, zoom in and out in External Views, then end up getting a series of stutters, and completely lose use of the - and + key to zoom in/zoom out in VC panel mode? Nor can I press the @ key to bring up the ATC window. It comes up and disappears instantly.Totally baffled. Has only happened so far with the PMDG MD-11 and not the newly-purchased Aerosoft A318/319 or the PMDG T7.

Run Nvidia Inspector and Bojote's fsx tweak.

I've found that left clicking the mouse pointer anywhere in the FSX window restores the use of +/- zoom keys when they stop working.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I've found that left clicking the mouse pointer anywhere in the FSX window restores the use of +/- zoom keys when they stop working.

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the suggestion.

Just tried that, still not working. Tried it full windowed mode too.

Forgot to mention using FS2Cew Button for that MD-11.

Further to this issue, I have now discovered that it was the KLM MD-11 95 Years Service repaint published last week that is the culprit, because I tried a standard PMDG-downloaded KLM repaint and did not experience a single zoom in/zoom out glitch, same airport(KORD),same weather.

I find right clicking and selecting virtual cockpit clears the problem Just takes a couple seconds.

If it ever happens again, try CONTROL + and CONTROL - 

That always works.

Mario Di Lauro

I find right clicking and selecting virtual cockpit clears the problem Just takes a couple seconds.

Tried that, did not work. Could not even raise ATC with the ' key. It just flashed on/off instantly.

I have similar issues not yet solved. All of my keys (that I have tried) become inactive. Like my shift-# to look at panel views, save, pause, and zoom in and zoom out... These are the ones I use most often. Do not think it is airplane related. All my yoke buttons and mouse pointer (and the things it clicks on) work.

Not having keyboard problems with anything else.

Any new thoughts on causes, fixes or work arounds.

Thanks

I always hit the backspace key once, then all is good once again. i notice the zoom stops working after opening the main door. Hope this helps. 

Best, Jeff