Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Has anyone tried the FSPS Frictionality add-on?

I found this product in  recent e-mail from the Flightsim Store.  I know that the ground friction issue has been a known pain for some time.  First we had the sim1.dll solution,  then a solution with FSUIPC (which I used in FSX, but am not sure if it is still applicable with P3D or not)....  but the hype with this product shows it as superior to both of the above remedies.

Any comments from anyone who has tried it would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,  Bruce.

I got an e-mail recently that FSPS is making a version for P3D. Not finished yet.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

HI Bruce,

I bought it and use it now... very good...

I use the default Aerosoft Airbus profile for the friction as i have no idea in the world what actual friction is meant to feel like in a real airbus... it works easy and i noticed my brakes 'feel' somewhat more realistic and less 'harsh'...

I don't use the airbus x by the way as i run Jeehell software with the Project Airbus A320 models as i am building a flight deck... but same result anyway

I discovered it does NOT work if you are using the AFR cfg tweaked config...does not recognize it so running the sim in SLI is not the go... i raised it with them and they said they would look into it to see if they can amend the program to 'see' the new cfg..

Apart form that i like it... it recognizes the condition of the runway you are on (be it dry, wet, snow, gravel etc) and then during flight it will set the friction to the landing runway depending on the weather (3rd party weather engines supported) so this is a boon too!

Overall, a worth it product for me!

Hope that helps!

Edit - i am using P3D 2.4 with no issues

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated, might try it..

Bruce.

Isn't there a LUA script for FSUIPC which does this for free?

It worked in FSX not tried it in P3D yet.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I treid the friction LUA in FSUIPC and dont know how to make it work.

I just dropped friction.lua into de modules folders and dont know what else to do.