Sign in to follow this  
CathayA340

Virtual Cockpit Across Three Monitors

Hello all,

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere.

I currently am flying the A2A Cessna 172 Trainer. My system specs are below, and I have 3 monitors - one of them is an iSymphony 32" 1080p HDTV, and 2 Dell 20" 1600x900 monitors. I am thinking about getting another monitor and completely ditching the 32" so I could display the VC across 3 monitors, but I have no idea how to do it and if it is possible with my computer system. Can I do it, and would it be worth it?

Do you think it is better to just run it on one screen? I am currently doing that, and the two 20" monitors have no use now for FSX, unlike when I used them as panels with FSPanelStudio on the NGX.

Suggestions and help would be much appreciated! :) Thank you!

You are able to use NVidia surround to configure this, very simple process from inside the nvidia control panel.

I don't use three, I am on a Dell U3011 and am probably getting two more to do the same. Hopefully someone with the setup will comment.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

You are able to use NVidia surround to configure this, very simple process from inside the nvidia control panel.

I don't use three, I am on a Dell U3011 and am probably getting two more to do the same. Hopefully someone with the setup will comment.

Thank you for the information! I am just running it on a 32" 1080p TV right now with the other 20" monitors not in use. 20" would be too small for the VC in the 3 monitor set up so I probably shouldn't do it. It would be costly to buy 2 other 32" monitors so I don't know yet.

You need 3 of the exact same monitor for Nvidia surround. Wouldn't think about it unless you have 3GB + video ram.

I run it on Nvidia surround and three 27" monitors, 5902x1080. I used to run it on a single 580GTX , now on a 780Ti. It has surprisingly little effect on frame rate. Not none, but not nearly as much as you might expect. If you do it I suggest putting the view in wide aspect ratio. Angle the outer monitors in towards you and it is a great experience.

- Bill Magann

You need 3 of the exact same monitor for Nvidia surround. Wouldn't think about it unless you have 3GB + video ram.

Oh ok. Thanks for your help! I have a low/medium end graphics card (750ti) and it is only 2GB but I still got 30fps and above on the NGX with settings on high/ultra high.

I run it on Nvidia surround and three 27" monitors, 5902x1080. I used to run it on a single 580GTX , now on a 780Ti. It has surprisingly little effect on frame rate. Not none, but not nearly as much as you might expect. If you do it I suggest putting the view in wide aspect ratio. Angle the outer monitors in towards you and it is a great experience.

Very nice set up! Thanks for your input and information :) I wish I could do this now but it seems to be a lot of money. I would have to be 3 27" monitors that are the same, each would be $250. I'd also need a graphics card that is better - another 300 to 400 bucks. I think I will save the money for my flight lessons :)

You can always still go for a very wide single monitor solution like this:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005624    Your GPU should be able to handle this

It is about the width of 2 monitors together with no bezel in the middle. There are also 34" versions similar to this with higher resolution but they are close to a thousand dollars abnd probably not what you want to spend.

Very nice set up! Thanks for your input and information :) I wish I could do this now but it seems to be a lot of money. I would have to be 3 27" monitors that are the same, each would be $250. I'd also need a graphics card that is better - another 300 to 400 bucks. I think I will save the money for my flight lessons :)

I got the two extra monitors on sale as a Father's Day present  :P . Good luck with the flight lessons! It is challenging but very rewarding.

- Bill Magann

You need 3 of the exact same monitor for Nvidia surround.

While you do need three of the exact same monitors to run 3D Surround,

2D Surround, which is what most people use, requires only that the monitors have the same native resolution.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

You can always still go for a very wide single monitor solution like this:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005624    Your GPU should be able to handle this

It is about the width of 2 monitors together with no bezel in the middle. There are also 34" versions similar to this with higher resolution but they are close to a thousand dollars abnd probably not what you want to spend.

Hey, that looks like not too bad of an option, thanks for that! I would like the 3 monitors in the U config though but this could be good.

I got the two extra monitors on sale as a Father's Day present  :P . Good luck with the flight lessons! It is challenging but very rewarding.

Oh ok ;) Thank you! I really enjoy them.

While you do need three of the exact same monitors to run 3D Surround,

2D Surround, which is what most people use, requires only that the monitors have the same native resolution.

gb.

Oh ok...thanks for your information.That sounds good!