Sign in to follow this  
Speed Of Flight

PMDG MD-11 installer hang

Trying to install the MD-11 for FSX, and it doesn't start. Double click on the install icon, and it unzips, says the install shield will guide through the install process (quickly, this is really just a flash with a progress bar) and nothing else happens. Process manager says it's using 13% or so of the system resource, but nothing ever comes back on the install. Wait a few minutes, and still nothing.

Redownloaded the package, incase the one I'm using was somehow corrupted, and still nothing. There's nothing I can be doing wrong, but what can I do? It's a download, and a double-clicker. But nothing happens.

What else can I do?

What else can I do?

Did you right click on the installer and then left click on the menu run as administrator? If not try that.

That was the 2nd thing I tried. No, this is far more complex, me thinks. It's as though the file is empty. Like the archive has no files in it. Did PMDG ever make a DVD or CD that I can opt for? t least I'd have a backup hard copy I could do something with, rather than depend on the interwebs to get it right.

Yes, a DVD was made available. No idea where you live but www.flightstore.co.uk may have it. Also worth trying Aerosoft.

EDIT: Just checked. They have it for £49.95

I wonder if PMDG would have any discount method since I just bought the thing. There has to be a better way, but I know I could troubleshoot a DVD better than a direct download. I was afraid of this, that's why I bought the 747-400 on disc when I saw it. So far, the 777 goes awesomely, but the MD-11 is a real problem right now. I don't get why. It might be something on my end, but I'm sure there's something I'd have learned by now.

What about that "7-days to download, and after that, a support request is required to get it going again"? I still use the link from my account, and have downloaded it again several times thinking it's correct, and that the file is corrupted, or something, but it always behaves the same way. Never installs. Just the install wizard window, and no actual PMDG window appears.

I would forget trying to get a DVD using a discount method. Many installers have been downloaded and installed without problem into FSX. I would submit a support ticket to PMDG at http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx. If you contact PMDG by support ticket your problem will be solved a lot quicker than going back and forth of this Forum. This is the fourth day and 6th post since your original post and still no closer to a solution than you were on October 12, 2014.

It was a problem with windows 7. I just formatted/reinstalled (for the umpteen-and-a-halfth time) and had complete success. I don't know what happened with windows, but everything went fine this time. I thank you all for your replies. I did have a ticket open, and just downloaded the MD-11 again, and this latest one just worked flawlessly.

Now for the 777.

Thanks again, all.