Sign in to follow this  
Aussieflyer38

No voice light - no voice

Hi Guys need some help please. My system is Win 8.1 and running FSX.  I've just purchased FS2crew for the Majestic Q400. I've done the speech recognition etc and I have the English speech version. According to the MS speech setup my mike is working okay. On the FSC main panel I have the DSP and LK lights on, on pressing the PF events I got one "hello captain" the A test doesn't respond, and of course I don't have a light in the voice box. I've rechecked the mike install and it works as before, and rechecked to make sure I have the English speech version. On my screen I have a small box that says "listening". I speak and it recognises my voice, so I have to assume that the basic voice system is working. I've checked through the manual but cant find anything that relates to my problem. Obviously I have missed doing something during the install, but cant work out what. If somebody could help me here, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

** Something I just noticed. In the "Speech Recognition Speech Engine" notepad, I have an error code that reads

Loading the Command and Control grammar from the FS2Crew Grammar resource file...Error Code: 0x80045052.

I have no idea what that means. Do I have to reinstall the programme?

Don    

Hi don make sure you got your speech recognition set to  English-us    and  you cant have the speech recognition running at the same time  as fs2crew

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Pete,

Checked for English - US and as I thought, I only have English - UK which I assumed would be okay as there is no other choice. I made sure the voice recognition box is unchecked, it wasn't but is now. I unchecked it originally but forgot to tick apply. So in theory I thought it would be all good now. Still no voice and nothing in the box. In the slide indicator at the bottom of the speech rec window, it shows it is receiving my voice transmission. I dont know if that refers to windows only.

Don

You don't need to open the speech recognition at all to have fs2crew  to work ,  Bryan will  have  a solution.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Checked for English - US and as I thought, I only have English - UK which I assumed would be okay as there is no other choice. I made sure the voice recognition box is unchecked, it wasn't but is now. I unchecked it originally but forgot to tick apply. So in theory I thought it would be all good now. Still no voice and nothing in the box. In the slide indicator at the bottom of the speech rec window, it shows it is receiving my voice transmission. I dont know if that refers to windows only.

You have Windows 8.

You need to download the English - US language pack from Microsoft.

This way you can set your speech recognizer to English US.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win8

Also, the Windows speech recognizer must be OFF as described in the FS2Crew manual or your voice commands will start controlling Windows as well.

Hi Bryan, thanks for your help. The link to the languages was my problem. When searching I couldn't find the right page. MS gave me a heap of options but not the right ones. Thanks, its working fine now.

Don