Sign in to follow this  
julian2

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 with 3 Monitors 5760x1080. Possible?

Hello,

at the moment I have my PC setup with the in the title named graphic card with two monitor each 1920x1080. One screen for the VC and one for 2D Popups. I want to buy a third monitor and use Nvidia Surround with a resolution with 5760x1080. Is that possible with the GTX 295 graphic card? I could only find that surround is supportet by that card but not if that resolution will work. If anybody could help this would be really great before I buy a third monitor.

Thanks alot, Julian

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

Hi Julian,

I have a GTX 285 and I run 3 monitors on a tripleHead2Go (using 1 of the 2 ports of my GTX285) and that give me the resolution you are referring to. Plus I run 1 additional monitor on the other port. So in total 4 monitors on the GTX285 but with help of the TH2G.

However, I found the following information on the internet with regard to your 295.

Succes,

Dirk

Also a note for you GTX 295 owners. There are two versions of the GeForce GTX 295 card. One card version has two DVI and one HDMI connectors, the other version has two DVI connectors. The card with DVI and one HDMI does work in 3D Vision Surround but only with 3D projectors. It does not work with 3D Vision-Ready LCDs since they require three dual-link DVI connectors on the GPU, which are only available when you are running SLI (two cards).

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/...nd_experience/

Edit: I'll note that you are not looking to do 3D, just 2D. The LG L246wp is HDMI only, and the Dell 2407WFP uses DVI, and all three monitors are only 60Hz. So if you managed to find the uncommon sort of GTX 295, plugged the LG into the HDMI and the Dells into the DVIs, that could in theory work.

And in fact, Nvidia's spec page for 2D and 3D surround states that the 2DVI/1HDMI version of the GTX 295 will do 2D surround (but not 3D surround except for projectors).

Difficulty: actually finding a 2DVI/1HDMI GTX 295.

H Dirk,

thanks for your answer. I have that version with two DVI ports and one HDMI port. I guess I will give it a try.

Julian

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update