Sign in to follow this  
WGP

PC12 P3D 2.4 - Accelerates on Startup

I'm wondering if anyone else is having issue with the PC12 accelerating on start up. I have the brakes on but it pushes the aircraft forward anyway. I have checked all my axis settings yet this still happens every time I start up the aircraft. This only happens for about 5-10 secs where the engines pulls the aircraft forward even with the parking brake applied.

I've tested the condition lever various positions, disabled prop pitch but still having this issue. I don't have any add ons except for the free version of fsuipc, and some obrx scenery.

I have yet to see anyone experiencing the same issue. I don't have problems with any other aircraft just this one.

Looking for ideas to further troubleshoot this problem.

This is common with turboprop engines...try this...prior to start the condition lever should be all the way back, then when you press the start button (wait for the start), when you get 10-11% NG, move the condition lever a bit (20%), the fuel goes in, then move it all the way to IDLE, it shouldn't accelerate doing it that way...at least I did it like that and it doesn't happen anymore with any turboprop

I too have this problem, and even CTRL+F2 (feather) does not stop it.

The suggestion above is a good one, probably better than my "fix" of dialing enough reverse thrust (14-percent, IIRC) that the opposing forces balance each other.

The only turbo-prop that I have in the hanger that does not have an explicit prop control lever - weird.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I was going to, tongue in cheek, suggest chocks but, looking at what 'chocks' does, it's a horribly bad idea.  It looks like the method Carenado uses on their 'autostart' is to just put the Condition Lever to idle.  Is that not correct?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The suggestion above is a good one, probably better than my "fix" of dialing enough reverse thrust (14-percent, IIRC) that the opposing forces balance each other.

It works perfectly...not even has anyone complained about this, I didn't have this problem, I start it according to the procedures (common turboprop startup) and there is!

Try what I said above and you guys will be fine...again, there's no problem with the startup

JJMP: worked just fine, thank you! 

I will have to try that on the other turbo-props I fly - I think I have flown pistons so long that the mantra is "gas first".

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

This is common with turboprop engines...try this...prior to start the condition lever should be all the way back, then when you press the start button (wait for the start), when you get 10-11% NG, move the condition lever a bit (20%), the fuel goes in, then move it all the way to IDLE, it shouldn't accelerate doing it that way...at least I did it like that and it doesn't happen anymore with any turboprop

Thanks jjmp that absolutely helped. I'll have to RTFM next time. :)

Create a saved default flight, load up flight sim with a default airplane anywhere in the world, cut the engines, turn off the lights, set the parking brake, then save the flight as default. From now on your pc-12 when loaded with also not have engines running when loaded.

JJMP: worked just fine, thank you! 

I will have to try that on the other turbo-props I fly - I think I have flown pistons so long that the mantra is "gas first".

hahaha yeah!, I know that, I've flown pistons so long too!, great!, I'm glad it works!

Create a saved default flight, load up flight sim with a default airplane anywhere in the world, cut the engines, turn off the lights, set the parking brake, then save the flight as default. From now on your pc-12 when loaded with also not have engines running when loaded.

You can do that without doing all that, if your new or saved flight, loads with the engine running, just open the toggle control shift + 7, 8, 9 (I don't remember exactly which number is) and simply click on the COLD & DARK option, it will cut off the engine and shut down all systems...that's what I always do when the flight has been loaded with the engine running...it shuts down everything, pretty useful for cold & dark

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Bert knows how to start all your flights with the engine(s) not running of a desired aircraft...by modifying the aircraft gauges I guess...

Interesting.  So, if your default doesn't have engines running and you just select an airplane and airport and click Fly, it sets up up without the engines running?  You'd think I'd have noticed this.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Interesting.  So, if your default doesn't have engines running and you just select an airplane and airport and click Fly, it sets up up without the engines running?  You'd think I'd have noticed this.

Some custom airplanes have their own panel state, like the pmdg. But everything else will load exactly as you set the default flight. Make sure to use a default airplane, and dont turn off any system switches just cut the engines, set everything else up the way you want it like nav light on beacon light off, parking brake set, then go up to the menu and save, check save as default.

Just an FYI: I use SimLauncher, and it has multiple options for how you want to load a flight. I have the "cold and dark" option selected and every aircraft is loaded thusly. It also allows me to start in a specific parking spot, sets the flight time, preload flight plans, etc., all before the sim (I am currently using P3D v1.4, aiming for V2 for Christmas) launches.

Great product, and it is free!

John Howell

Some custom airplanes have their own panel state, like the pmdg. But everything else will load exactly as you set the default flight. Make sure to use a default airplane, and dont turn off any system switches just cut the engines, set everything else up the way you want it like nav light on beacon light off, parking brake set, then go up to the menu and save, check save as default.

I don't find this to be needed, not at least, with Carenado recent aircrafts that has the toggle control where you can click "cold & dark" to your saved flight (if it loads with the engine and system running) and that's ALL you have to do, to have it COLD AND DARK, at least for Carenado