Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Carenado Embraer Phenom 100

Does anyone know if there is a demo version of the Carenado Embraer Phenom 100? I am looking for a very light business jet for P3D that has excellent short field performance, a detailed high resolution VC, nice 3D model and textures, good flight dynamics, and good quality sound effects (touchdown and rollout, altitude call out, engines etc). To be honest, I already have a jet that satisfies these requirements perfectly, but since Flight1 are a pain in the backside with respect to allowing use of the Cessna Citation Mustang in P3D, it seems that I need to find another option.

I could actually land the Mustang in FSX on a hard runway barely 2000 feet long with a 50 per cent fuel load and full flaps, so it would be nice if the Phenom could also do that. However, it also needs to be very stable, and easy to hand fly (like the Mustang).

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Caranado does not offer demo's. However I can say that the Phenom performs very well in P3D, is very easy to fly and can fly from relativly short strips. Don't expect the same level of functionality for the G1000 as you see in the Mustang though. The Caranado system works fine, but it is a substantially reduced in comparison to the Flight 1 offering. For the money, it is great.

I'll tell you something else though, unless you absolutely MUST have a jet, the Caranado PC12 is an absolute blast! She is actually better at the short field game, performs very well, and avionics, while not G1000, are very nice and perform better than the Phenom. I get a much better feel of 'actually being there' with the PC12 than I do with the Phenom, and really enjoy it much more than I thought I would.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I echo Kerry's sentiments: the PC-12 is a very nice aircraft and a pleasure to fly. 

And the Phenom is not bad either!    :P

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I prefer to have a jet than a turboprop. The latter never seem to be all that easy to handle as far as throttle control is concerned, and that is extremely important to me. I am not too bothered about a large range of functionality in the G1000 system (a GPS style top down view is basically good enough for me). I am not a complex procedural kind of guy, and fly everything "low and slow". Stable, controllable flight dynamics, excellent graphical quality, and realistic sound effects are the most important aspects for me.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think the only two P3D options you have right now are the Phenom or the new Lear.  Looks like neither are offered by Flight1 so, no demo.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Christopher,

What happens when you Run the Cessna Citation Mustang in the EMT? Did you monitor blow up?...The Software Cops Knock on YER door?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I haven't even tried to install the Mustang in P3D, Chas. I would probably be horsewhipped in public if I did. Anyway, apparently the installer has been "sabotaged" so that the MFD and PFD do not display anything, and the VC does not render properly. A shame, considering that the Flight1 Mustang is one of the best aircraft that I have ever seen in a PC flight simulator. I appreciate that Flight1 are concerned about licensing issues, but it's a sad reflection of the fact that lawyers run the world these days. It's about time that the situation was sorted out, because it's getting ridiculous.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Heya Chas, 

I have both the Flight1 Mustang and their B200, and when loaded into anything other than FSX they do not show a VC - period. Flying blind, as it were.

I understand it is a "switch" in the model.

And with the EMT for installation the Flight1 installer is convinced it is being installed in FSX, so no Software Cops to be alerted.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

....and then???

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

It's not great at short strips - it's really under powered. Consider the Carenado PC 12, Realair Turbine Duke (soon for p3d), or the lovely Flight1 King air (FSX only for now)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This is why I am annoyed that the Mustang can't be used in P3D. The perfect aircraft for my requirements, and yet I can't use it because of legal rubbish.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png