Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

PC12 Dual RXP 530s?

Hello Gang,

Here are the screenshots that I sent Carenado last week when asked for suggestions on adding the GTNs to the VC panel for the PC-12. These are not working installs just yet, but are to be used for consideration and panel locations. I also sent a similar package for the Seneca V.

The first screenshot has dual GTN650s and the Carenado Weather Radar. This one should be a slam dunk.

The second one has one GTN650 at the top of the stack, one GTN750 in the middle and a second GTN650 at the bottom of the stack. No Weather Radar in the center stack for this one.

Regards,

Ray

PC-12_2-GTN650.Weather_Radar.jpg

PC12_GTNy.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ray,

Those look good.  Does Carenado have to create a bezel or do these units already have their own when put in the VC?

I agree that this would be awesome.  Just the ability to add routing using airways would be very welcome...not to mention all the other features.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Ray,

Those look good.  Does Carenado have to create a bezel or do these units already have their own when put in the VC?

I agree that this would be awesome.  Just the ability to add routing using airways would be very welcome...not to mention all the other features.

Gregg

The GTNs have their own bezel. They do Sooooo much more than Airways. Remember you get SafeTaxi charts and all approach plates for US and parts of Canada plus all kinds of timers and call up lists. The 750's really big screen is outstanding. Plus they work in P3Dv2.

The rubberband feature for changing a flight plan or Direct To leg is so easy and useful. Just one of many outstanding features. Panning and looking ahead or spot check with a single click for distance and elevation or click on an airport for full info.

I would think very long and hard about buying the unlimited for Reality XP then I would decide against it. (I may be biased)

Ray

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I would think very long and hard about buying the unlimited for Reality XP then I would decide against it. (I may be biased)

Well, as I mentioned, unlimited is for more than just this aircraft.  I have 5 others.  Even then, not every RW airplane is going to have a GTN750.  I'd probably have two different layouts for this aircraft...one with 530s...the other with the 750/650. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Great News Ray!

I hope Carenado follows through.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

The second one has one GTN650 at the top of the stack, one GTN750 in the middle and a second GTN650 at the bottom of the stack. No Weather Radar in the center stack for this one.

Man that looks incredible.