Sign in to follow this  
avibavi8

please help!FSX won't start, it crashes before it loads with no error message

If I may...

Despite the uninstall, I believe you may have had residual FSX folders/files, resulting in the corruption that is preventing you from running FSX.

What you need to do is:

Uninstall,

Manually remove all traces of FSX

Reboot

Perform a registry clean (carefully)

Reboot

Reinstall FSX

Reboot

Install SP1

Reboot

Install SP2

Reboot

* In lieu of SP1 and SP2, you can install Acceleration (but I prefer SP1 and SP2).

If you have trouble with re-registering, there is a helpful thread here on AVSIM (Search for FSX Registration Problem).

Hope this helps.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

have tried that, I tried deleting the fsx. Cfg, and I also tried deleting everything else in that folder for fsx to recreate, but it doesn't work. Same problem occurs. I tried a system restore to when it was working, that also didn't help. I really want to try and get it working, their are a few events coming up I really don't want to miss. Can I pay you $5 to log into my computer via TeamViewer and fix the problem? Please..

I have so many addons, and it took. E so long to get everything to work properly, I really don't want to have to reinstall everything.

Deleting everything in the Roaming folder means that you deleted several key files FSX needs to run, thus the problems you are having.

The best advice i can give you is to slow down, take things slowly and atep by step as i outlined above. That will start you off with a clean, good install.

Not sure if Jim has yhe tome, but I simply don't have the tome to fix your system for you - sorry, but the steps i shared with you are rather easy to do.

Good luck.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Try this

In File Explorer go to the folder:

C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Rename dll.xml to dll.xml.org

Go to the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Flights\other

Right-click on FLTSIM.FLT and choose Open with FSX.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Deleting everything in the Roaming folder means that you deleted several key files FSX needs to run, thus the problems you are having.

I don't think he deleted everything in that folder. I told him to move the fsx.cfg, dll.xml and exe.xml to a temporary folder. Then restart fsx and the fsx.cfg will be rebuilt. If he deleted everything in the folder then he did not follow instructions. I know computers are difficult and I sympathize with him trying to go into a hidden folder and then move a file from one folder to another folder. For some of us that's a simple task.

I do not feel comfortable going on someone's computer and trying to fix a problem. I think the best solution now for the OP is to reformat the HDD, reinstall Windows, and then reinstall FSX.

Thanks Dave for your help.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

That's really strange, you problem sound the same as mine a couple of posts down from this one.

I have done all the checks in the CTD document, reinstalled FSX on a completely cleaned machine but still getting the same error.

Going to reformat the FSX drive and the reinstall Windows on the C: drive with the reformat option and the reinstall FSX on what should be effectively a new machine.

Have you installed any windows updates recently?

Malcolm

There was one issue with Windows Update earlier this week and the topic is located in the Windows 7 forum. It does not affect Windows 8 updates.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This topic relates to a windows 7 system. Bit of a coincidence that my problem occurred after updating my windows 7 system. I am going to check out the windows 7 forum, is it on avsim?

Nowhere in this discussion does it say what the NT error log reported. Apparently the problem appeared after messing with the desktop size and undocked windows. If you can get it back to there, where fsx started but crashed undocking windows, we could probably fix the problem. did you assign a default flight at any stage? There's lots of posts about problems with .NET and C++ library versions, but these all run side by side any or all versions can be installed. Only a bad application installing and overwriting these libs can create problems like those. Most likely a simple error in the FSX setup.

The Win 7 topic relates to starting windows it's self not starting FSX once you are in windows so it's not really relevant.

Hey I had an idea!

Can I pay you $5

Why not donate that to AVSIM?! Jim would only spend it on women. :}

Don't mention the size of the cake Vernon.