Sign in to follow this  
avibavi8

please help!FSX won't start, it crashes before it loads with no error message

Please help me, everytime I load fsx it won't startup it just crashes with no error message. I tried everything!!!! tried new cfg, didn't work. tried logbook file- didn't work,tried restoring the system to when fsx worked-didn't work.tried downloading a new addon manager for fsdreamteam-didn't work. please help me! 

Do you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 w/SP1 installed. Without that, FSX will not start up.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

More information is being needed : OS , Add-ons , Hardware  configuration , AntiVirusProgram , licenced FSX ,  Running as administrator ? etc..

windows 7 64bit, I have many addons but up until yesterday everything was working fine.no anti virus.lisenced fsx. running as administrator. 

when I click on it, it shows the fsx loading picture and then it stops and shuts down fsx before it was able to load with no error message. p.s- I also tried to re install sp2 and repair some of the files.

It can be a failure in the registry or a clean reinstall has not been performed.

I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable is that it?

Yes. You might try rebuilding your fsx.cfg. It might have gotten corrupted.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Let' start over.

Did you have FSX Installed (on the same computer) before?

At the end of the present installation, did FSX start or crash?

Were you able to register FSX (on this install) prior to having these issues?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yes, a week ago I had fsx working perfectly, than me and my friend were trying to get a dual screen setup with good frames, so we figured if we uninstall a few addons, it will improve the frames, however when we did that it didn't really help. and at one point fsx would start,and whenever we clicked on undock window it crashed. at that point we were angry that we messed something up,so we tried a restart of the system,which then made the problem a lot worse, to the pointy where fsx wouldn't even start.at this point I tried to uninstall and reinstall sp2 for fsx, (not the entire fsx) that didn't help.prior to having these issues fsx was working fine.

The best solution for instances like this is to move your fsx.cfg to a temporary folder (or rename it to fsx.orig), restart FSX and a new config will be rebuilt. It basically is the same as reinstalling FSX.

If you have further crashes, then you need to go to the AVSIM CTD Guide located to the right of this forum and download the AppCrashView program on page 1. Once installed, click on the latest crash and post the results here in this topic for analysis.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM