Sign in to follow this  
KriVa

Scenery location problem.

Well, this is odd.

I've recently acquired some new add-on scenery (UK2000 Heathrow), and decided to install it today.

However, something does strike me as being very odd.

When I load the default airport, there's not a care in the world, everything is right the way it's supposed to be, and looks as good as a default airport can look.

However, when I load the add-on, half the airport is covered in trees. The side on 27R looks great, but the side of 27L is a mess. Trees all over the place, no "texture" on the runways/taxiways, but a semi-transparent look to them.

When slewing above the airport, it's like the entire airport is shifted to the side of 27L for a short distance (the "displacement"). The outside of the airport on the side of 27R also doesn't have any trees for the distance the airport is displaced.

I hope this makes some sense, it's quite hard to explain and I can't get to my FSX computer now. I've been trying to figure it out as long as I could, and now I'm posting this on the way home.

This may also be useful to add: I checked the geographic coordinates, both for the add-on and the original default airport. They are both at the same place. I really can't seem to figure out what's wrong here.

A screenshot would help, even though it already sounds severe. Are you running any addons like FTX which require a mode change of some kind and could have gotten mixed up in the process?

The UK2000 stuff usually installs the airport only and a commonly used library, maybe something went wrong (admin rights?). Just guessing. :mellow:

I am indeed running ORBX FTX. I have just been able to get to my FSX computer, and now something has changed.

The last part of my previous description is no longer valid. Right now the airport does no longer seem to be "shifted" to the South, it just seems like there's another texture, with trees going through everything, on the southern half of the airport.

Since I don't really care about anything involving the AFCAD (except runway locations, I don't use AI traffic at all), is there a way to use that "perimeter" from the default airport at the add-on?

If I can manage to get it online, I'll post a screenshot later on.

I think you should try posting a screenshot over at Orbx to check if any of the devs can relate to the issue. This is not to say that they are to blame but that they might be able to instantly see if one of their files is involved in the lets call it mixup.

The UK2000 airports shouldn't be in need of a fix of the AFCAD to resolve this issue. I think you would just mask the actual problem with it. Still, you can also post a screenshot over there. Those scenery devs in general can tell a lot from actually seeing what's going on.

In short, when properly installed (and they will help you with that), the UK2000 airport and any FTX background play together just fine.

Thanks for directing me to the ORBX website again.

It's kind of a "not that obvious add-on", so I tend to forget to check for updates. Apparently, 1.15, an update I have missed, has a tool that could be able to help me?

I'll update later today and report my findings.

Thanks, CoolP!

Ah, I think you are referring to a component of Orbx Vector, no? To disable the correction files for EGLL and then receive a proper display. Makes sense, if that's the case.

Good luck. :smile:

Hi,

Try replacing your Terrain.cfg with the original.  Do not run FTX Central prior to checking things.  FTX Central will automatically edit it.  Not sure what the problem is.

Jim F.