Sign in to follow this  
lthendrix

I believe in Steve

The dx 10 fixer is a great example of how FSX became better through one mans efforts.

I think that if Steve can fix dx10 to such a high degree than I believe that he is probably able to give us all the cloud shadows we have always wanted in fsx.  How about it Steve? I have all the confidence in you.  Can it be done?

I think he's under warning from Lockheed Martin, not to do cloud shadows because there'd be no reason to go to P3D if he did! :Whistle:

Don't be intimidated Steve, go for it! :yahoo:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

And what about ours computers performance? Steve can change a lot, but this is still old code, not updated program :(

Cloud shadows in FSX would likely degrade performance to the point of tears. The dx10 can barely do cockpit shadows without a significant performance hit. Well, it could if you have no antialiasing. Eww.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

enabling cockpit shadow on the PMDG T7 did not affect performance on my rig.

John.

I wouldnt mind VC raindrops, missed them from FS9 :( No point enabling the Wipers, they move over dry windows even when its raining in FSX.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

euh cloud shadow does exist with FSX with out any performance lost (cumullus x ) and if Steve work with it, shoud be has nice has p3d

Charles, did you check how the Cumulus shadows are handled? Those are AI planes, with the size of a cloud, all the same contour and only serve the purpose of hinting the pilot towards thermals. Sparse elements.

The shadows you see in P3D (or XPlane, since V10, means way before P3D) are handled differently. I wouldn't rule them out in FSX but when it comes to competent people trying to achieve them in a useful manner (read: performance doesn't drop to single digits), maybe a read over at REX is worth the time.