Sign in to follow this  
Demious

AU SP4 missing lake

I'm learning dead reckoning navigation, at the moment, and I had a big lake as recognition point in my flightplan, but when my leg should have ended, there was no lake!

I checked the map in P3D and according to the map, I was right on top of the lake. So I checked the lake with the coordinates and in plan-G and on Skyvector I found I indeed should have been over the lake. So I turned off AU SP4 and the Global Base all for sudden showed the lake right under me.

Regions from FTX should have more and better detail than Global Base, far as I know. How come that such a specialized addon doesnt show the right land structure? Is this a bug in my system, or is this an problem with the addon? And of course, how can I fix it?

Cheers!

Maarten

Is there a reason you haven't posted this question over at the official ORBX forums?

Is there a reason you haven't posted this question over at the official ORBX forums?

These forums offer indeed great support to registered buyers   :smile: !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Several reasons, actually. In my experience I'm often waiting for days on other forums before I get any answers and Avsim is mostly a lot faster. Due to my autism I'm not comfortable with forums in general, or any way to communicate over internet, in fact, but I'm starting to get used to Avsim, by now. And it's not the first time I get, let's say, unpleasant responses, because I post a question and it turns out to belong on another forum, which I have a hard time processing, so as long as I'm not sure where the question actually belongs, I rather post it in a general forum. And I suppose this forum is forum is created for a reason? And I suppose that is because it's simply not logical to buy your milk in one store and your bread in the next and so on, so why be messing around over so many places if you can also can get all under one roof. Need more?

Cheers!

Maarten

Guest tymk

Hi Maarten,

I don't think anyone was trying to be unpleasant... It's just that this is a strictly unofficial forum, so Orbx developers are not very likely to monitor it on a regular basis (there's also some history with certain people using this forum to disparage Orbx and so on).

Can you provide the name of the lake (or coordinates) so I can check it on my install? I only have AU SP4, no global, so it will be clear whether it's missing from the region or the issue lies elsewhere.

Tym

Besides the developpers who are nice guys, there is an excellent and large users community at OrbX which can help you better than here IMHO.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam