Sign in to follow this  
Flic1

Just converted to DX10....a few issues

Hi all - I finally decided to try Steve's DX10 fixer over the weekend, although I have been pretty happy with my DX9 setup.  I went through the manual and the Avsim DX10 guide and set up FSX and Nvidia Inspector as recommended.  A couple issues I am having that I immediately noticed:

- Much, much longer VC texture load times when switching views

- There is a sun glare effect that looks fantastic but when I turn towards it, it flashes/flickers. This was around sunset.

- AI lights seem to be visible but then all randomly disappear at the same time. I am using Shockwave lights on all the AI aircraft so assumed they would not have the disappearing issue...?

- Performance/stutters seem much worse, especially with overcast conditions.

Any help appreciated!

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Is your graphics texture max load set correctly? That has been found to delay texture loading.

I have it set to 1024 which is the same setting as I had in DX9....tried 2048 as well but had the same problem.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hi all - I finally decided to try Steve's DX10 fixer over the weekend, although I have been pretty happy with my DX9 setup. I went through the manual and the Avsim DX10 guide and set up FSX and Nvidia Inspector as recommended. A couple issues I am having that I immediately noticed:

- Much, much longer VC texture load times when switching views

- There is a sun glare effect that looks fantastic but when I turn towards it, it flashes/flickers. This was around sunset.

- AI lights seem to be visible but then all randomly disappear at the same time. I am using Shockwave lights on all the AI aircraft so assumed they would not have the disappearing issue...?

- Performance/stutters seem much worse, especially with overcast conditions.

Any help appreciated!

Eric

Do use SSDs?

Do you have REX4?

I found that when I switched to SSDs I had instant loading from camera to camera.

When I decided to use REX4 suns the external flashing stopped.

Try the default sun. It should work.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Do use SSDs?

Do you have REX4?

I found that when I switched to SSDs I had instant loading from camera to camera.

When I decided to use REX4 suns the external flashing stopped.

Try the default sun. It should work.

No, I do not have an SSD.  The thing is, I'm testing/comparing 2 identical scenarios and in DX9 it loads super quick.

I am in fact using REX4 but I switched to their DX10 textures for the sun/water etc.  I will try switching back to default sun to see if it helps....if I backed it up!

Thanks,

Eric