Sign in to follow this  
A3 610

So, i am switching from Fsx but with a doubt...

Hello everyone! Hope you are doing good!

As the title says, i finally decided to step away from Fsx and give X-Plane 10 a chance. Although i must say that after so many years of Fsx i feel scared of changing...

Anyway, i was wondering since X-Plane 10 is more recent as a software what changes should i need in my rig in order to simulate that amazing HDR effect that we all have seen in some famous video?

My current rig is:

CPU: i5-2500K OC @4.2 Ghz

GPU: Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

RAM: 16 GB Kingston Genesis

Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Gene Z77

Cooler: Thermaltake Bigwater 760 Plus

PSU: Thermaltake 750W

Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos

In addition, from what i have understood reading here and there maybe my GPU is not suited for X-Plane 10 as i meant to play it?

Any additional information and advices from more experts people are welcome.

Thanks for your time reading this!

Hi and good luck in XP10. Don't need to be scared leaving FSX, you can have both as many do and have double fun. About hardware I would change the video card if you plan to use hdr which is heavy, look for a nvidia 680, 780, not the x60 series and with 2 gb vram at least.

Alexander Colka

Have you downloaded the demo yet and flown the heck out of it?

Great thing about the demo is it's only time/location limited. You can install any addon into it and test the water without spending a dime.

760gtx works fine in Xplane you can use decent settings but of course x70 or x80 is better. Get 970 good bang for the buck wont need to upgrade for a long time.

Yep your video card is the achilles heel. XP will hammer it much more than FSX; that's not a bad thing, au contraire, it's very good actually as you will note once you get into XP.

I have a 560Ti 2GB and it also struggles to maintain the FPS using the settings in XP10 that I'd prefer to fly with including HDR and decent level of FXAA.

I've actually put XP to the side for the time being until I can afford to at least upgrade the graphics card. Flying without HDR just isn't much fun  :(

Wow thanks very much all of you for your replies!

Well, as you all pointed out indeed my GPU needs to be replaced. Right now i am looking at the GTX 780 3Gb and the GTX 770 4Gb. The pricing is not that much of a difference here where i live but i kinda think that the 780 performs better so i will probably end up going for that.

Thanks again for your responses.

Cheers

Why 770 or 780?

If you are looking at this price range so  get GTX 970 , has 4GB memory (and believe me you'll need that) and a bit stronger than the 780.

If you are looking at this price range so  get GTX 970 , has 4GB memory (and believe me you'll need that) and a bit stronger than the 780.

+1 and the 980 is in the price range of the 780ti or just a little more since they lowered the price of the 780ti.  X-Plane will make good use of anything you throw at it so the bigger the better as they say. Good luck.

Ryan

Ryan