Sign in to follow this  
stickmanbrad

FSX DTC Help Windows 8.1 Pro {Crashing} Please losing will to live Stackhash/Bex

http://pastebin.com/sgs1rJg0

Hey Guys. Hoping you can help before I lose the will to live all it seems to be happening a lot these days. And I just want it to work.. Anyway here are my storys:
Within the last couple of days I thought I had solved these errors. I added some free scenery and it crashed on landing into the scenery after taking screenshots and replay mode.
I later removed this scenery and did another long flight this time landing at a different scenery this worked no problem and had no issues last night with my flights.
Today:
Scenory from last night still installed. Did a flight which was not at all linked to this addon scenery. Infact I never landed at this airport at all. (But yet again I'm not sure if it could still crash it). After landing and parking up, it crashed, this was on default scenery and what I thought was out of range of this free scenery which seemed quite stable.
Anyway I'm not sure if any of it has anything to do with the scenery but I just would like it to work on windows 8.1. Maybe it can't i'm not sure. But your experience is better than mine.
So Here is the crash information:
http://pastebin.com/sgs1rJg0

There is no known solution for a StackHash so here is a list of things I found that have fixed the problem for others.There is no module on your computer system named StackHash so no need to look for it. As I stated, there is no known solution to BEX/Stack Hash errors other than reinstalling Windows and FSX but some have 'accidently' fixed their problem by lowering fsx/display driver settings, rebuilding the FSX.cfg, changing voltages/overclocking settings in the BIOS, disabling all scenery add-ons in the Scenery Library, and/or shutting down FSX only in Windowed Mode and starting up in Windowed Mode but never in Full Screen. Disabling DEP has worked for some but it is not the recommended solution. FSX will not allow you to disable DEP. It can only be done by a freeware program that you can download from the Internet (search Google). It has not worked for me and many others. If the StackHash is shown as the faulting module, it will have four characters next to it like StackHash_0a9e. That represents the memory address of where the fault occurred (not possible to find). I would bring your fsx installation back to the default which means -

• rebuilding your fsx.cfg (move the one in the folder to a temporary folder as a backup
  • moving your dll.xml and exe.xml to a temporary folder
  • disabling all addon scenery.

Once you have done that try running FSX again.  Maybe change the resolution in your fsx.cfg (rebuilding always seems to mess up the resolution) but do not touch any of the other settings.  Run the flight again and see if the problem has been fixed.  If so, it could have been an issue with the fsx.cfg.  Tweaks can cause a problem and this is why rebuilding the fsx.cfg has fixed most of the problems for many.  Move your dll.xml and exe.xml back into the proper folder.  Run FSX again.  If you get a StackHash, then most likely it is a module in the dll.xml that is causing the problem.  Okay.  Still no crash?  Then reenable your scenery in the Scenery Library.  If still no crash then it was most likely the corrupted fsx.cfg.  Make sure you add the required parameter in the Graphics section of the FSX.cfg:  highmemfix=1.

EDIT:  Forgot to add another possible solution.  If you have MyTrafficX 5.4c installed, then an AI schedule is known to cause this crash.  I have reinstalled MyTrafficX up to 5.4b and use the default AI schedule and have had no problems since then.  You can check to see if MTX is the problem by disabling it in the Scenery Library, running FSX and seeing if the problem is resolved.

Hope this helps.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Thank you for such a quick response. I need some further information about the subject. First of all, could this free addon scenery be the cause of the crash regardless if I landed at it? Secondly I have done some long flights so do I need to delete some folders and is this a permanent fix? Can FSX actually work successfully on Windows 8.1?. And is there anything I should add to my fsx.cfg to make it more stable. I shall give you my FSX CFG file here as a pastebin so you can avaluate it. And see if you can find anything there. It was recently reconfigured last week which I thought had solved the issue. Seriously any information is greatly apriciated. And I really hope we can fix these issues.

Computer Specs:

Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40Ghz 4.40Ghz

8gb Ram

Windows 8.1 Pro

64 bit OS

GeForce GTX 660 Ti

2X monitors. One at 1920x1200 and other at 1920x1080 (I use the 1920x1080 as the fsx screen in windowed mode)

Link to Fsx.cfg: http://pastebin.com/6QK55LcQ

First of all, could this free addon scenery be the cause of the crash regardless if I landed at it? Secondly I have done some long flights so do I need to delete some folders and is this a permanent fix? Can FSX actually work successfully on Windows 8.1?. And is there anything I should add to my fsx.cfg to make it more stable.

Most freeware scenery works great in FSX. What I recommended (disable all of your addon scenery in the Scenery.cfg) allows you to find out quickly whether or not the addon scenery is causing your problems. If the problems go away when you disable all of the addon scenery, then you must have a problem with one of them. I recommend enabling 3-5 sceneries until the problem reoccurs. This way you can narrow it down to the corrupted scenery. You do not need to delete any folders, just move some files over to a temporary directory to see if those items are causing your crashes. Same goes with the rebuild of your fsx.cfg. There is no known solution to your crashes so YOU need to investigate and find the problem yourself. I am only giving you some suggestions for investigating the crime.

In regards to your fsx.cfg, I cannot offer any advice as it was tweaked by Bojote's automated tweaking machine and his tweaks should not be used for anyone who has a Sandy Bridge chipset and later. His tweaking guide came out back in 2011. This is 2014. Your computer system definitely does not need tweaks.

Will FSX perform on Windows 8? It has for many. I think it has more security features so it may have problems if files are not shared or there is improper ownership. AVSIM has a Windows 8 forum for you to look through to see what others think about this platform.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hmm i'm really struggling to find a solution to this. I've just disabled some sqawkbox stuff on the dll file because I don't even have it anymore. But i'm not sure if this could fix it...Many thanks for everything so farBradley

Ok Latest update. This has not worked.. It has crashed yet again

Get rid of the uiautomationcore.dll from the main fsx directory. It alone could be causing this problem. In fact removing it for users of Windows 8 has fixed this problem. What is the uiautomationcore.dll? It is part of the Microsoft.net framework packages that are installed in your System32 and Wow64 folders. It is specifically used to manage memory. So, if you have an older version in the fsx directory trying to manage memory on a brand new Windows 8 system, what could go wrong?

Again, you got a StackHash. My post #2 still applies above. It all boils down to only you can investigate and fix this problem. There is no known solution that fits for every fsx and Windows installation. The fact that you rebuilt your fsx.cfg as I suggested earlier and you still are getting the StackHash means the problem is not in the FSX.cfg. I see via your fsx.cfg that you do not use MyTrafficX but Vatsim and VPilot for your enjoyment. This is why it is important to move the dll.xml to a temporary directory so none of your modules load. It could be the vpilot or whatever module is used by vatsim that is causing your problems. You have to isolate your error and I have given you the suggestions on how to isolate it. If, after doing all of the isolating, then you are going to have to bring your BIOS settings back to the optimal default as it could be a voltage or setting there that is causing the problem.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Ok moving onto the DLL. How do I remove this safely and the exe I think you said. There is something about fsdreamteam in the exe but I don't have any thing anymore like that installed.

Ok moving onto the DLL. How do I remove this safely and the exe I think you said. There is something about fsdreamteam in the exe but I don't have any thing anymore like that installed.

Just go to the main fsx directory and look for uiautomationcore.dll (you had to put it there as it is not installed with FSX). Click on the file and move it to a temporary directory (I made a temporary directory in C:\Downloads\Temp where I put stuff at temporarily). You can also right click on it and delete it. It is not needed for the operation of FSX.

I do not understand your comment about FSDreamTeam. I suspect you uninstalled your FSDreamTeam airports but they are still showing up as a scenery.cfg error? If the airports are still listed in your scenery.cfg, you need to open up scenery.cfg and delete those entries, save, and close the scenery.cfg. The Addon Manager module will still be located in the dll.xml and there will be an entry in the exe.xml (which is the same folder as where your fsx.cfg is located). There should be copies of these documents made in the folder (dll.xml_Before_Addon_Manager and exe.xml_before_Addon_manager). That's the way the dll.xml and exe.xml looked like before FSDT installed the AddonManager. So, you should delete your dll.xml and exe.xml (or move them to a temporary folder as a backup), then rename dll.xml_Before_Addon_Manager to dll.xml. Do the same for the exe.xml. Unfortunately, FSDT does not do this for you during the uninstallation of FSDT products. You might want to take a look at the FSDT manual for further information on uninstalling FSDT. You see, they know how to change your dll.xml to add a module but they do not know how to remove it when you uninstall their programs.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

What i meant by fsdreamteam is GSX free trial uninstalled but fsdreamteam is still in the exe file. I presume keeping these nodes in the exe file and dll file, could cause these crashes. And am i right in thinking deleting the 2 files dll and exe will regenerate them or? And if they are regenerated will that sort it because Swuakbox is no longer installed. Or do i need to manually go through everything adding each node one by one on the dll till it works if that is the cause to the crash?

Many thanks

If you don't understand my mumbling just say hahaha.

Bradley

The addon manager entry should not be in the dll.xml or exe.xml after you uninstall GSX. The dll.xml and exe.xml are not rebuilt or regenerated. If you delete the old ones, you will have to reinstall the modules that you still have installed. The dll.xml and exe.xml do not even exist when you first install FSX. After you install the fsuipc.dll, a dll.xml will be generated. If you have the PMDG aircraft installed, those will have to be reinstalled too. Not a problem as most installation programs will simply do a repair instead of a full install. You can move the dll.xml and exe.xml over to a temporary folder and then reinstall fsuipc (if you want it installed) and a new dll.xml will be created. You can go from there.

A corrupted dll.xml will definitely cause a CTD and I have even seen where duplicate entries in the dll.xml will cause an ntdll.dll ctd. This personally happened to me so I am positive the dll.xml can cause crashes if not properly set up.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

See my Dll looks fine other than these sqawkbox things which I did disable but maybe it can still effect if present. What I shall do before I do anything is send you these files so you can see if anything could of caused it. I would do it myself but I'm so scared of breaking something else

DLL

http://pastebin.com/TZgCQDMv

exe

http://pastebin.com/0kctG8Qv

So, if you want to remove the Addon Manager you could delete the following from your dll.xml:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Addon Manager</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Or, you can disable it by change False to True in the 3 line. Save it and it will not load in the future. You can do that for any of the addon's you have in the dll.xml. This is explained in the AVSIM CTD Guide. This is one way of diagnosing a crash but to make it even faster to diagnose a possible problem with a module, you can move the whole dll.xml over to a temporary folder and none of them will load. If no crash, then you can probably guess right that one of the modules is causing your problem. Of course you won't be able to use any of the modules while testing but that's the purpose of the whole operation. You need to investigate to see what particular module or texture or object is causing you to have crashes. Almost none are the same as everyone has a different computer setup with different processes running in the background and some have an anti-virus program running. Some do not. I'm just trying to lead you in the direction to investigate and that's one of the purposes of the AVSIM CTD Guide too.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Currently Testing the dll disabled now. But one thing I have noticed. Is should FSX be running in a compatibility mode? If so which one should it be in?

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.8428, time stamp: 0x520b1060

Exception code: 0xc000000d

Fault offset: 0x00008aa0

Faulting process ID: 0x1ba0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfe95cb04c8eba

Faulting application path: D:\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.8428_none_d08a11e2442dc25d\MSVCR80.dll

Report ID: 90ac7ff1-5550-11e4-80b5-902b34591279

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: BEX

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: fsx.exe

P2: 10.0.61472.0

P3: 475e17d3

P4: MSVCR80.dll

P5: 8.0.50727.8428

P6: 520b1060

P7: 00008aa0

P8: c000000d

P9: 00000000

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\bradl_000\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDDE5.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_71cd8e6ff1f5e0e38bade4a1d8e680946f20ffe5_75b82f04_15dcee70

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report ID: 90ac7ff1-5550-11e4-80b5-902b34591279

Report Status: 97

Hashed bucket:

Is should FSX be running in a compatibility mode? If so which one should it be in?

No need to make fsx compatible with another OS. But, it is wise to make sure that FSX is started up as the Administrator. You do this by going into the main FSX folder, right clicking on FSX.exe and selecting Properties. Once open, go to the compatibility tab and look down near the bottom and make sure it says run as administrator is checked under Privilege Level.

According to your error report above, it appears Windows 8 installed a later version of Microsoft Visual 2005. Why they would install a later version for a 2005 program is beyond any of my knowledge of computers. I would uninstall the Microsoft Visual 2005 program in the Add/Remove Programs and then reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 w/SP1 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638. Windows Update for your Windows 8.1 might update that again but I think you have an fsx program that is looking for a certain version of Microsoft Visual and it does not like the 8.1 version.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM