Sign in to follow this  
stickmanbrad

FSX DTC Help Windows 8.1 Pro {Crashing} Please losing will to live Stackhash/Bex

Right so after what seems like alot of nothing. Even with no time acceleration what so ever it just crashed game when I landed. But it varys by time. Back to stackhash error...

Right so managed to get hold of a new computer coming, but need some advice that it's FSX worthy. Because It's an ATI graphics card instead of an Nvidia. The whole computer seems pretty dam decent but your community will know better than i do.

Anyway here are the specs below and my intentions for setup. This can vary depending on your advice.

Specs

i5-2500k 3.3ghz

Windows 7 Ultimate

8gb Ram

ATI 6870 Graphics card

My Intentions are to run 3 1920x1080 monitors on this setup with the ATI duel screen thing. But any opinions on this are grateful also. Won't be running 3 monitors until christmas when i POSSIBLY get them LOL.

Many thanks

Bradley Russell

While the new PC is not bad for FSX a few years ago (I have a similar system), it will just about handle FSX with any PMDG or Aerosoft addons available today.

I have overclocked my machine to 4.2GHz and even that is quite conservative.

Read the very good hardware guide for FSX and it will help a lot with framerates.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020