Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Sounds discussion

Unfortunately, with it and many soundsets, the prop sound is built in as part of the rpm sound.

And that will almost certainly be true forever, from real recordings. RealAir really worked this problem with the Tduke V2.

Nothing beats real recorded sounds, but to do it right for a sound set, the motor would have to be recorded without the prop, and the prop would have to be recorded without the motor.

With a fancy studio, the prop could be removed from the recording, and vice versa, but ya know... we are taking about a major investment for a 12 dollar sound set. <_<

When I get some time I think I'll play around with the Texan II sound.cfg file.

I Haven't found any really good PC12 videos that have accurate sounds though.

Had a go at the sounds, although much work to be done in this regard.

If you have P3D, copy all the .wav files from the T6 Texan II into the ...\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12\sound folder.

Download this sound.cfg file and overwrite the existing sound.cfg file. Remember to backup your current sound.cfg file!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhNTdNTi1RZl9XbGM/view?usp=sharing

Any new sounds for this aircraft available for FSX users? I wish there were a way of making the transition sound between idle and reverse a bit smoother.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer