Sign in to follow this  
aeronauta

Battery Discharge

I noticed that on a Cold/Dark AC as soon as you turn the Batt SW on the Voltage starts dropping at a very high rate, I started loking for a reason and found in the aircraft.cfg [electrical] section that the line additional_system  = 0, 47.5 , 17.0 as you see is taking 47.5 A (dont know where this value comes from) , that is incorrect , looking at other AC and the SDK max values are 5, then I reduced the value to   0, 2 , 17.0 and the problem goes away.

Jorge

Good one, the aircraft.cfg that came with the PC12PerfMode.zip  has 47.5, must have been a finger check from there...

Jorge

From the notes of the engine mod

"The electrical system for the PC-12 is there, however, due to the way the overhead was modeled none of the switches seem to be adding much of an amp load. So in order to show than 7 amps of draw on the electrical indicators I added 47.5 amps to the electrical bus controlled by GEN1. So you will now have an indication over 50 amps of the electrical system until a more permanent solution is implemented by the folks at Carenado."

Ah OK, then how can this load be applied when there is  Gen power, I tried = 4,47.5,17 as for GenBus Eng1 and not 0 as for Main Bus, but the battery SW does not turn the Batt on!! 

The problem is that you only have 5min before the Batt runs under 17V and turns everything off.,then  you have to reload the AC.

Jorge

I understand a bit more now, the OH panel displays should show Battery V and Amp consumption, but when yoou turn the Gens OFF the Amp consumption goes to 00, which is not true as the Batt is running the show!! and geting flat.

The engine display shows both Gen V and Amp and should go to 0 when the corresponding Gen is OFF only DC Amp and Volt 2 go to 0.

As this is more than I can manage ...I'll leave at that... the solution will have to come from Carenado as Nick said. in the meantime I set the Avionics_bus= 0,47.5,17 and the AC stays powered up with batt for a long time ( at least the batt must be 200AH and at 60A should last 2Hs min)....

Jorge

ps 777200LPF yes  we typed at the same time, thankyou...