Sign in to follow this  
GoggleEye

EGT High Temps When Launching Training 1 Questions

New to PMDG the JTS 41 if this sounds like a newbie question it most certainly is. Read all of the forums here concerning the JTS 41 and read the manuals open while in the cockpit may be missing some procedure steps. 3 Start attempts failure.

Process:

Launch FSX/select Aircraft/JST 41/OK/Advanced/Select training number 1/Fly Know

When the scenery files starts to load here the engines ramp very high pressures 100 percent + for approximately 4 to 5 seconds. Load time scenery files 48 seconds. Ok fine with that.

When the engines ramp up at the beginning of scenery load is this normal or is it causing structural damage to the engines?

JTS 41 is cold and dark. Doors are closed, no ground crew. Select the Ground crew set up. Is that normal procedure? My understanding in the training manual the ground crew is already at work. 

When starting a different aircraft at a different location (Aircraft Cold and dark) then select the JST 41 the engines ramp up for 3 to 5 seconds is this causing structural damage to the engines? 

Tried to start the engines fowling the training manual while setting in the cock pit 16 hour procedure checks and triple checks. The engines would not start. I am missing a step or the engines damaged? The EGT is reading 700 degrees and the gages are red.

Read the start procedures in this forum by the way very good and easy to understand. Watched the videos on You Tube. Not giving up it is a beautiful aircraft and requires a learning curve is acceptable.

Thank You

Larry

Before engine start, visually confirm both propellers are unfeathered (i.e. on the start locks) and engine EGT is below 200°c. Turn on Standby Fuel Pumps, confirm condition levers are set to taxi and thrust levers to idle. Then you can start the engines.

If you have any further problems I've written a big FAQ for common PMDG J41 issues at http://viaintercity.com/forums/bae-jetstream-41-%28bae-js4100%29/faq-%28frequently-asked-questions%29-and-tips-for-bae-js4100/ which you may find useful.

Whilst you can load the J41 cold and dark, it's generally not recommend as it wasn't designed to do this and can lead to start lock issues (exceptions being is you use FS2Crew or the Lua script). It's best to load the J41 running normally and shut it down yourself as this takes less than 45 seconds. When you load the J41 you should ensure your hardware throttles are set to idle.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Thank you for the reply and link for starting procedures. Certainly take some time to read the instructions.

EGT gages are red and indicating 700 degrees. Never been started? Can set there for 16 hours and not cool down? Launched Cold and Dark at training 1 by PMDG?

Question what is Lua Script?

Thank You

Larry

To my knowledge, EGT should never enter the red and it would certainly begin to cool after engine shutdown (unless you have an unextinguished fire). Sounds like a glitch loading the tutorial flight, try loading a normal flight instead and see if you get the same issue.

Lua scripts are code that can be run by registered copies of FS UIPC to perform actions in the sim, such as making the J41 cold and dark.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Chris "Whilst you can load the J41 cold and dark, it's generally not recommend as it wasn't designed to do this and can lead to start lock issues"

I did not know that.

I have started from cold and dark.

No problems (yet).

I do not have FS2Crew and do not use Lua.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Followed your guide and started at DEN shut down the engines. Obviously missing a very important step not sure what step. Not any issues starting the engines after studying your guide. Did not program a flight did a number of touch and goes and a few high altitude stalls. 

Today will launch at the Flight Training Sight Number One see if there is an issue with the start-up. I may have been reading the gages incorrectly. Need to learn the flight programing and obviously get more familiar with overall procedures prior to any flights.

Thank You for the help and taking the time to produce the guide. Very much appreciated.  

Larry