Sign in to follow this  
skytecuk

No power from left engine today?

Dear all;

Recently set up FSUIPC to manage my controls and have been taxy-ing around testing it. 

Engine oil overheated during my tests and both engines failed (no idea why? Automatic failure?)

I cleared failures in the FMC. 

2 questions- is there a failure rate programmed into PMDG 777? 

2) Most important: I throttle up both engines- and on the EFIS it shows my thrust setting on both, but only the right engine spools up. The left engine is running, however, 

The left engine is also showing an amber light on 'bleed air' 

Any thoughts? 

Any thoughts? 

Using a saved panel state?  If so, my bet is that it has been corrupted (usually happens after a while of people saving a panel state over and over again).

FSUIPC could also be somewhat of the issue if it hasn't been configured properly versus the internal FSX controls.  I forget what the actual answer is there, though.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle. Hmm. Seems like it's an a/c issue rather than hardware, since it is taking the input, but doing nothing with it. 

Re-loaded a/c and it's fine again. So far not replicated. 

Engine oil temp is sky high again though? 

Seems like it's an a/c issue rather than hardware, since it is taking the input, but doing nothing with it. 

Never said it was a hardware issue.  I said it could be an issue with FSUIPC, which processes those hardware signals.  You must set FSUIPC up properly with said hardware (and software, in this case, FSX) to ensure that it behaves properly.  There is a specific method to follow with PMDG aircraft, but I don't know if because I don't use FSUIPC in this manner.

It's not an a/c versus hardware argument.  That would only be the case if there were only two parties in this issue, which is not the case:

1. Hardware
  2. FSX
  3. FSUIPC
  4. PMDG Aircraft

Throttle issues (along with flap axis issues) are normally caused by item 3.

Having searched the issue on the forum, there are numerous issues (791 hits worth) caused by using FSUIPC on the throttle and flap axis.  Apparently, if you assign the axis in FSUIPC, then you need to disable the axis in FSX.

Here are the search results, if you're interested:

Search Results

Engine oil temp is sky high again though? 

You didn't answer my question earlier: are you using a saved panel state that you're saving over each time you fly?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle, 

I really appreciate your replies; thank you. No, I haven't saved any panel states yet. 

I did look up the issues and saw people said you should leave the throttle managed by FSX. I haven't done this for two reasons:

1) I am trying to prevent joystick disconnect, so would assume I wills till get a throttle disconnect (on an X52 system);

2) I didn't know how to do this! (keep the throttle as managed by FSX, not FSUIPC

No, I haven't saved any panel states yet. 

Okay.  Did you make sure to delete all of the panel states prior to updating to SP1b?

1) I am trying to prevent joystick disconnect, so would assume I wills till get a throttle disconnect (on an X52 system);

2) I didn't know how to do this! (keep the throttle as managed by FSX, not FSUIPC

1. This normally only occurs on Win8 (from what I understand).  If you're not using Win8, you don't necessarily need to try to prevent it.  I don't process anything through FSUIPC, and working with Win7, this has never caused an issue.
  2. Not sure how one doesn't know how to do this because it's how FSX behaves by default.  If one were to take a new machine, install FSX, and then plug in hardware, FSX will automatically try to work with it.  Remember that FSUIPC is a separate program and install.  You had to expend extra effort to get it and get FSUIPC to manage the throttle.

Kyle Rodgers

I am getting the exact same thing as the OP but its my right engine that isn't responding. Everything works fine in the NGX

I have just updated from SP1b to SP1c and got the same problem. Both engines start normally and fully respond to throttling. A few minutes later, the right engine suddenly goes down and come back and goes down and come back・・・ ???? Reloading and clearing panel state did not solve the problem. :(

Oh,Yes. WIN7 64bits, UAC is off, FSX and PMDG is installed in S drive・・・my rig is set up based upon the Nick's guide line.

SAIM ALPER-San,

The recalibration of FSUIPC's throttle axis has solved the problem. Thank you so much for your advice! ^_^