Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Just Flight 747-200/300

I just purchased this 747 and am having a struggle to get off the runway during take off. How can I ensure that I have enough power. Also how can I eliminate some of the fuel out of the wings in a quick manner to lessen the load . I'm not starting at cold and dark, but at default. Thanks

Set your fuel load in the menu screen with the fuel and payload tab. if your taking off at max gross you'll need a long runway the classic series 747s were underpowered compared to the 747-400. Also when the guy says to rotate give it some nose up trim and a good bit of back pressure and shell fly right off.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Agree with the above, a nice long runway and some nose up elevator trim (the manual says 4.9 units for takeoff) is the ticket.

If you're heavy, it seems to take forever before you hear "rotate" ... :smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Hi,

Please set the elevator trim prior to take-off. The setting of four degrees nose up trim is common for most take-offs. 

To set the trim for take-off, please hold down the numpad 1 key (with num-lock turned off) until the indicator on the pedestal shows that you have +4 degrees elevator trim set:

767_trim.jpg

I just purchased this 747 and am having a struggle to get off the runway during take off. How can I ensure that I have enough power. Also how can I eliminate some of the fuel out of the wings in a quick manner to lessen the load . I'm not starting at cold and dark, but at default. Thanks

What do you think of it as a product?

Cheers

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

For the price it is worth it. A lot better than the default.

What do you think of it as a product?

Although the long take-off roll is realistic, the airspeeds and climb rates which you can fairly rapidly achieve after take-off are not so realistic. The best thing that can be said about this product is that it looks great! It's just a shame that a little more attention was not paid to the flight dynamics.

Bill