Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Power ON/OFF of MCP, CDUs, PEDESTAL units

Hi all PMDG 777X technical/system experts,

I have programmed the Opencockpits MCP, CDU, COM, EFIS and ATC to work with the 777X, but have still to do the power sync

of these units so they power ON/OFF as in the virtual cockpit.

I wonder if anyone could tell me what electrical state ( SDK Variables status) the cockpit has to be in to

1)  power on the MCP displays ( IAS, HDG and ALT) 

2)  power on the PEDESTAL units 

3)  power off the MCP displays

4)  power off the PEDESTAL units

5) power on the CDUs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Can you not just boot the PMDG777 in those states?

Or do you think those PMDG777 panel stated are incorrect?

(I think they are pretty accurate)

We hardly ever see the aircraft in a powered down state.

But the MCP defaults to 200kt, 360degrees and 10.000ft when powered up.

(as is also documented in the autoflight chapter of the FCOM)

Power off the MCP wont display anything I would reason....just black displays

As far as the CDUs are concerned.

We usually get the aircraft after maintenance has already entered a position in the FMC so that the ADIRU is alligned when we get in.

But on page 11-40-1 of the FCOM it says that the CDU boots up in the identification page.

Which makes sence and is also the page I see most often displayed when we enter the cockpit.

The pedestall I dont know.

The Transponder will probably default to 1200 or so, the radios either to the lowest frequency that can be set or to the highest.

If nobody else knows I can ask a maintenance guy next time around.

But initially I would just go with the PMDG777 default values.

Rob Robson

Hi Roar,

Presumably all of your actions will become possible using the new interfaces provided by PMDG to enable the FS2Crew B777 software? If so, this may provide an improved method of interfacing to the software.

HTH,

Regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Can you not just boot the PMDG777 in those states?

Or do you think those PMDG777 panel stated are incorrect?

(I think they are pretty accurate)

We hardly ever see the aircraft in a powered down state.

But the MCP defaults to 200kt, 360degrees and 10.000ft when powered up.

(as is also documented in the autoflight chapter of the FCOM)

Power off the MCP wont display anything I would reason....just black displays

As far as the CDUs are concerned.

We usually get the aircraft after maintenance has already entered a position in the FMC so that the ADIRU is alligned when we get in.

But on page 11-40-1 of the FCOM it says that the CDU boots up in the identification page.

Which makes sence and is also the page I see most often displayed when we enter the cockpit.

The pedestall I dont know.

The Transponder will probably default to 1200 or so, the radios either to the lowest frequency that can be set or to the highest.

If nobody else knows I can ask a maintenance guy next time around.

But initially I would just go with the PMDG777 default values.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to answer, but the answer didn't give me anything,  but maybe I didn't described the issue good enough.

I want to have all hardware displays to spring to life at the same tine as the virtual cockpit units.

If one starts in a Cold&Dark state and goes through the setup procedure, at some point in time the Pedestal radio displays, MCP displays, CDU and MIP displays springs to life.

They are started up at different times.

I am looking for those signals ( SDK variables) that initiate this startup (Powering up) of said units so I can activate the hardware displays from an BLANKED( non active/Power Off) to a SHOW (active/Power On) state at the correct time these SDK variables changes status.

The same goes for the opposite, when one closes down to a Cold & Dark state.

In short:

I need to sync my hardware "Power ON/OFF" with the virtual displays.

Hi Roar,

Presumably all of your actions will become possible using the new interfaces provided by PMDG to enable the FS2Crew B777 software? If so, this may provide an improved method of interfacing to the software.

HTH,

Regards, Richard

What new interface? Are you meaning the SDK or something else I do not know about?

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

I was just referring to the SDK.

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to answer, but the answer didn't give me anything,  but maybe I didn't described the issue good enough.

Ok sorry, cant help you with what you need.

I think you should ask PMDG directly.

Rob Robson