Sign in to follow this  
avibavi8

P3d 2.4 Fatal error on startup

First I would try to delete (move) all files under

C:\Users\(yourprofile)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

and delete the shaders under

C:\Users\(yourprofile)\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders

If this doesn't help issues might be more serious. Next step would be to look into the Windows event report what's causing the crash (often a .NET or VC runtime error).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

If this is your very first start of the simulator, this folder may be not yet be present as it is only created during the first successful startup. Otherwise it's something more serious.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Checkout the AVSIM CTD Guide located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots. Download and run the AppCrashView application as shown in the CTD Guide. You might want to look in your Event Viewer (guidance in CTD Guide) for the error that is created. Most startup errors can be fixed by rebuilding your p3d.cfg (deleting p3d.cfg and restarting P3D and letting the config rebuild).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10