Sign in to follow this  
willywonka

Thai 777-300ER config

Unfortunately, the Thai livery from PMDG does not include an accurate config. So I'm trying to make one on my own from various observations, but I still have some doubts.

Here's what I have so far:

[Displays]
PFD_groundspeed_displayed=1
PFD_rising_runway=1
PFD_split_axis_flight_director=1
PFD_radio_altitude_round_dial=0
PFD_angle_of_attack_dial=0
PFD_landing_altitude_bar=1
PFD_show_landing_flaps=1
PFD_integral_heading_scale=0
ND_trackUp=1
ND_VOR_course_lines_displayed=0
ND_MinimumRunwayLength=7000
ND_RangeArcs=1
ND_TCAS_RangeRing=0
ND_ActWptData=1
ND_GridHeading=1
PFD_ND_NPS=0
Engines_ColorChangeInhibit_5minutes=1
Engines_LowOilQuantityInverseVideo=1
Engines_HighVibrationAlert=1
Engines_ShowRefN1=2
Engines_ShowMaxContLines=1
Fuel_AuxFuelInstalled=0
Doors_ArmingAnnunciations=1
[AFS]
AllowGSCaptureBeforeLoc=1
AutoLNAVonGoAround=1
[FMS]
CRZ_THRLim_CRZ=1
DefaultEOHeight=800
DefaultAccelHeight=1500
DefaultReductionAlt=1500
DefaultTransAlt=18000
DerateWashoutAlt=12000
CompanySpeed=300
DragCorrection=0.00
FFCorrection=0.00
GWEntryAllowed=1
TOThrustDerates=1
CLBThrustDerates=1
[FMCDatalink]
CompanyCostIndex=85
AutoPreflight=1
AutoAltnList=0
AutoDesFrcstUplink=1
AutoPosReportDownlink=1
AltnRwyMinLength=8500
AltnILSRequired=1
[GPWS]
GPWS_AltCallouts=1
GPWS_2500_RA=0
GPWS_2500=1
GPWS_1000=0
GPWS_500=0
GPWS_400=0
GPWS_300=0
GPWS_200=0
GPWS_100=0
GPWS_50=1
GPWS_40=1
GPWS_30=1
GPWS_20=1
GPWS_10=1
GPWS_MinimumsType=1
GPWS_AprMinimumsType=6
GPWS_WarnBankAngle=0
GPWS_TerrPeaksMode=1
GPWS_TerrUseCyan=0
GPWS_V1Callout=1
[Warnings]
Altitude_alert_setting=0
AltitudeApproachAural=0
CrewAlertnessMonitor=0
ResettableSiren=0
APDiscSound_isWailer=1
APDisconnectScheme=0
RAASInstalled=0
[TCAS]
TCAS_ShowAllTraffic=0
TCAS_FilterRange=40
TCAS_FilterSeparation=2800
[Airframe]
APUtoPack=1
FlightTestPackage=0
SatcomAntenna=0
Passenger Signs Type=0
TailskidInstalled=1
ISFDInstalled=1
ADF2Installed=1
DigitalClock=1
[Units]
MetricWeightUnits=1
TemperaturesInF=0
[Version]
Version=1
AccurateOptions=0

Anyone here have insights into a more accurate config?

No but after watching youtube vids of PIA 772/3 vids realised RAAS wasn't a feature, unless im wrong....which I maybe???So I disabled it.  Internet is your friend, only realistic way is to get someone from the airline to verify airline config on the 773. Also the green on the PIA livery a bit too light...us simmers are such anal rententives aren't we???

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Keep this in mind: Chances are that there are quite a few differences between different airplanes, even within the same airline. Looking at Thai's Boeing Customer Codes, it seems to me there were at least three different orders of airplanes.

This may, or may not, have the effect that there are "subfleets", with different options within each fleet. These variations can be very, very small, but getting them exactly right for a specific registration number is nothing short of a herculean task.

These variations can be very, very small, but getting them exactly right for a specific registration number is nothing short of a herculean task.
Haha, you're right. They even have digital PFD clocks on their new 300ER. The old ones are still standard Boeing clocks. I just wanted to make sure that I get the major features, like LBS vs KG (though being a non-American carrier they are surely in KG).

Thai has two customer codes on the -300ERs.

The majority are -3AL (leased from BOC). 3 are -3D7 (Thai customer code).

All have the same customer options fitted. 

When a aircraft is ordered new from Boeing (even if through a leasing company) the initial customer options are furnished as per what the initial customer orders. BOC placed this order "for" Thai. It is not in the interest of the lessor to provide non standard configs to the lessee, especially with the myriad of customer options Boeing offer.

The only configuration differences (not by customer choice) within the Thai -300ER fleet are that -TKU/V/W do NOT have the tail skid fitted (yes you can change that in the PMDG 777), and only -TKK/L have the analog clock. The rest were delivered with the newer digital PFD clock.

I cant give you details on the callouts etc, but some of the more visual customer options fitted you can easily figure out from this link http://instagram.com/aunsakolsak. Instagram profile of a Thai 777 Captain. Send him a direct message and maybe he will help!

Just remember when looking at his pictures, that you dont get confused (Thai operate 77A/77E/773/77W). How can you tell a -300ER from the rest? Its the only 777 in the fleet with the GE90s, so just look at EICAS and make sure its only showing N1 and EGT, all the other 777s in the fleet are powered by Trents and will have EPR, N1, EGT on the EICAS.

Hope that helps, be sure to post and share the final config with PMDG!

Hope that helps, be sure to post and share the final config with PMDG!
Wow! Thanks for all that info. :lol:  I'll sort through what you provided and work on putting them together tonight. B)

i can tell you that the cost index used on thai 777 is 55. I am a pilot here in bangkok (GA pilot with CPL) and i've asked my flight school friend already to confirm as he is flying thai airways now on 777 and can confirm cost index is 55. hope this helps. please see quote actually from him. i used middle value

1. CI around 45-65 depend on dispatcher

2.Takeoff flap
B772 flap 5 or 15
B77W flap 15 or 20
depend on weight,
r/w length,temperature......etc.

3.L/D flap can use 25 and 30 depends on approach speed. TG uses 30

ps. for 1 engine out usually used flap 20

ETOPS -180

cheers

In a decently run airline, CI is hardly ever "fixed". there might be a baseline, but CI will be highly variable, depending on a multitude of factors.

Making the blanket statement that CI "is always 55", is almost always wrong. Intended to be helpful,for sure, but still wrong.

CI is what it needs to be, to meet the goal of the flight. If they're behind schedule, they might just push the throttles all the way forward. If they have time to spare, they might drop to single digit numbers.

It all depends on the situation.

i can tell you that the cost index used on thai 777 is 55. I am a pilot here in bangkok (GA pilot with CPL) and i've asked my flight school friend already to confirm as he is flying thai airways now on 777 and can confirm cost index is 55. hope this helps. please see quote actually from him. i used middle value

cheers

สวัสดีครับ! :lol: Thank you of the info, I'll push an update to the repository. If you spot anything else that needs changing just let me know B) Later I'll post it to the thaiflight forum, too.

In a decently run airline, CI is hardly ever "fixed".

Which is why he gave a range of CIs. The 55 will just be a default for the PERF uplink, since PMDG doesn't support true PERF uplink yet (the weight data in the uplink is read directly from the plane, not from an external source).