Sign in to follow this  
jewel77

Import flight plans in version 6.46

Hello,

I can't understand the new way of importing a flight plan in voxatc 6.46.

In their site they say this " VoxATC will use the currently loaded flight plan. You no longer have to load a flight to change the flight plan, just load the new flight plan and enable"

Where to enable? Load the fsx flight plan?

I use fsbuild for flight plans.

You have to load your flight plan into FSX.It will then be used by VOXATC.

Tom

Enable voxatc using the "enable" button in voxatc window.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

I can see the confusion, they could have been a bit clearer and said enable vox atc. As it stands it looks to me a bit like I should be enabling the flight plan somewhere before firing up ATC

ZORAN

Thank you for your answers!

I load flight plan before loading the flight and i click OK when it asks to move my aircraft to the selected runway but voxatc taxi me to different runways and (most annoying) different stars when approach than those of my flight plan :( 

What am i doing wrong?

When you load your flight plan in FSX and hit OK, it will ask you if you want it to move your a/c to the departure location you have chosen, say NO and it will take you back to the usual free flight set up page where you set up your start location/gate/aircraft/weather etc as you would if you weren't using VATC, hit fly now and you're done.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

When you load your flight plan in FSX and hit OK, it will ask you if you want it to move your a/c to the departure location you have chosen, say NO and it will take you back to the usual free flight set up page where you set up your start location/gate/aircraft/weather etc as you would if you weren't using VATC, hit fly now and you're done.

Regards,

I do this and VOXatc keep guide me to wrong stars and runways. 

Could the actual weather conditions influence the runway and arrival choices and lead to the mismatch (in regard to your planning)? For example, if the winds change, VoxATC might pick the more favourable runway and arrival condition dynamically.

In some weather addons, you might need to "arrest" those arrival winds if you want to have a predictable outcome as opposed to mentioned dynamics.

Certain weather modes would also lead to global weather values, which form up another chapter of possible problems. The best check could be to run the ATIS and see if the VoxATC choice is somehow reasonable.

Far as I know VOXATC only initially reads the the weather and bases it's assignment of star and approach on that (could be wrong though). The way I get VOX to read the arrival weather is to disable and then re enable just before TOD. This has worked for me.

This of course means that the OP is still not necessarily going to get the star and approach he picked for his flight plan. You can't guarantee that the weather at your destination airport is going to be the same as when you were at your departure gate, especially if you are doing a 7hr or longer flight.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg