Sign in to follow this  
graemeb

EvaSim Riga released

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

But the wise wouldn't be wise without the advice from those whom they call stupid.

Very strange thing to do...

In my impression, some of the strange sounding blog entries, as

"I have to thank everyone for understanding our position and everyone who supported our effort on making this addon that nobody even tried since Flight Simulators exist in this world (Except freeware). Also thank you all who spelled good words about this and thank you for not putting this addon under the microscope. Also thanks for Not Buying it because you don't like it. We will make better one in the future as we have gained an experience since then, Riga-RIX was announced."

are rather influenced by lacking English knowledge than by disregard.

I wasn't displeased with the freeware version

Yes, this is my fallback, at least temporarily. However, in terms of visuals even the downgraded FS9 version of EVASim is far superior, and even with 8 FPS it was a joy to look at, as long as FS2004 didn't decrease the texture LOD. From my flight EYSA Siauliai - EVRA - Riga Intl. - EVRS Riga-Spilve. I was forced to fly IFR due to the bad weather, which surely had also contributed to the bad performance - my GPU doesn't cope well with dense clouds:

141016A36EYSA1_zps80b28110.jpg

141016A36EYSA2_zps2c786ee2.jpg

141016A36EYSA4_zpsa93c586b.jpg

Here one can see the old-fashioned way to make woods...

141016A36EVRA1_zps71c18e9a.jpg

But from below they look well:

141016A36EVRA2_zpse1b87b0e.jpg

141016A36EVRA4_zps8e880583.jpg

EVRS Riga Spilve with the City in the background

141016A36EVRS1_zpsaf71400b.jpg

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Yes in my freeware version I took out the "Fences" of trees and replaced them with landclass files.

This improved frame rates markedly.

That's what I did there, too; an appropriate landclass file was even available at the Russian Avsim's library. However, in the case of EVASim the only thing that improved frame rates significantly was to remove the buildings.

EDIT: Reviewed the scenery at SimMarket.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thanks for this discussion Harald, I wasn't displeased with the freeware version

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/448452-the-baltic-flights-1/?p=3048836

and that will now do for my purposes.

Wisdom put into words regarding this matter.

I therefore shall follow accordingly ............ well, about this topic at least!

EDIT: Reviewed the scenery at SimMarket.

And a very fair review it is too!

Stopped by his blog.  Bloke sounds sincere enough.  BTW a fix is up for ILS Rwy 18,  apparently more on the way.

Do people REALLY do a Beta test anymore? ................ or are the paying customers the designated Beta testers?  This is really getting really sad, coupled with the "other" recent FS2004 offering.

............... or do people really think this is what us "old-timer" simulator (FS2004) owners expect and will pay for?  Do they think that we're THAT desperate?

Think I'll save my money for a new toothbrush and be happy with what I already have.  The best to offer has long left the station (or apron for purely aviation nuts).

WingZ, is the Riga version in your thread the same as the one Harald links too in this thread? I am quite interested in this area because my dad lives there.

Thanks+

Sascha

Sascha, my links go to a City scenery and to a collection of all Latvian airports, while WingZ' picture shows Matthew Ministrys airport scenery. For the airport, just follow the link at EVASims site ^_^

Meanwhile I made the museum for Matthews scenery. Unfortunately, the planes still sometimes do what they want. And some planes show not their final paint yet.

141019MuseumEVRA1_zps1ef6151e.jpg

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald, the museum look svery promising already!

It's made with rather primitive means; I did an Afcad file and put AI planes onto the parking spots.

Known problems:

- In the FS2004 map or whatever moving map tool one uses now there's another airport "EVM".  

- The planes do not always obey their parking designation.

- The museum has another row of planes towards the runway, but these planes are L-29 Delfins which I don't know a AI model for.

I have a tool to convert AI planes into static ones, maybe it's time to test it finally...

Main problem is to get repaints for the SU-22 model. There are some repaints for Kazunori Ios model, but I do use the Rainer Mehlin AI model instead which comes only with LSK/LV repaints so that I have to do repaints für Soviet and Polish variants...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg