Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

Out of memory with GTX680 2GB and 8GB of rams !

Hi

Just I make my takeoff from Aerosoft Bermigo (LIME-------HLLT) at the night with Aerosoft night environment italy and aerosoft A319 (weather radar on), and REX4.

And on the client laptop I use FSGRW, AIVLASOFT EFB, Pro Atc X and PFPX.

Just after takingoff by 15 minutes I got this error.

My OS is 64bit.

Any suggestions !!!!!!!!!

You dont mention what simulator you're using, but FSX, as well as P3D are both 32-bit programs and cant use more than 4GB RAM.

When I start my flights I always try to keep RAM usage around or under 3GB, with P3D and so far I havent had any OOMs. Ram usage does increase during flights, so keep in mind you leave some headroom when you start a flight.

Cheers!

Maarten

You dont mention what simulator you're using, but FSX, as well as P3D are both 32-bit programs and cant use more than 4GB RAM.

When I start my flights I always try to keep RAM usage around or under 3GB, with P3D and so far I havent had any OOMs. Ram usage does increase during flights, so keep in mind you leave some headroom when you start a flight.

Thanks for your fast response.

In FSX.

How you keep your FSX do no exceed the 3GB ?

Turn off scenery addons you need for that flight. Scenery can drive up RAM usage very fast, if I turn on all my scenery at the same time, my system OOMs probably right away. But for instance, if I fly within Europe, I start by turning off FS global ultimate for America, Africa, Asia and Oceania. I also only activate the airport I start from and the one I land on. You can do this by simply unchecking the check boxes from items in the World/Scenery Library menu, in the menu bar on top of your FSX window.

Cheers!

Maarten

There are a lot of posts here at AVSIM regarding OOM's. Probably the most popular topic on AVSIM and throughout the Flight Simulation community. With the advent of faster computer systems (since Sandy Bridge), faster and more powerful video cards, and cheaper and faster memory, everyone thinks they can crank FSX up to the max. No way anymore will there be crashes, stuttering, the blurries, one digit fps, etc. Life in the flight simulation world is now at its best! Well, that's all bunk because the most powerful computer system made for consumers today will not work like that as FSX is a 32 bit application and Windows limits 4GB's of Virtual Address Space (VAS) for each application. When the VAS is gone, the application will crash and you will have to start over. It can go very fast if you have your settings set high, your Autogen set very high, and many addons running in the background to give you that aw gee wiz feeling while using FSX.

Here's a great link to an explanation of VAS - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a108/vas-management-stopping-out-of-memory-oom-errors.aspx and some suggestions on how to reduce the amount of VAS usage. You cannot limit VAS to just 3GB's and that would be counter-productive even if possible.

So, it does not make any difference how much memory (RAM) you have on your computer system, how big your page file is, your computer will still crash when running 32 bit applications. Before Sandy Bridge, everyone kind of kept their settings down as they knew they did not have a very powerful system. They looked forward to the day when computers would become faster and powerful. Well, that day has come and, well, more and more people have more and more crashes now!

Here's a quick and simple way to monitor your VAS (this way you can monitor how fast fsx is eating your VAS and how soon your application will crash:

Monitoring VAS in FSX or P3DV2 – The freeware or registered versions of the FSUIPC utility will allow you to monitor the amount of VAS remaining during a flight session. This might be valuable in troubleshooting Out-of-Memory (OOM’s).

Startup FSX/P3D and then enter the Addon Menu and select FSUIPC. Once FSUIPC is open, click on the Logging Tab and enter 024C under Offset and select S32 under Type. Select where you would like to have the usage displayed. The FS Window is for Full Screen sessions. The FS Title Bar is for Windowed Mode. AVSIM recommends you also check the Normal log file as this provides you information on how much VAS you had to start out with and then it logs usage throughout your flight.

The VAS usage is displayed in Kilobytes (KB’s). The value represents the amount of VAS left so, the lower the value, the more VAS being depleted. The max amount of VAS allowed in computers with 64 bit Operating Systems is 4GB’s. This is shared with other applications running in the background on your computer. For 32 bit Operating Systems, the max amount of VAS allowed for FSX/P3D is 2GB’s but this can be expanded to 3GB’s with a switch like the /3GB switch.

To convert the KB’s to the amount of GB’s, you should use one of the Byte converters on the Internet like the following: http://www.whatsabyte.com/P1/byteconverter.htm. You will never see 4194304 KB’s displayed as this equals 4GB’s. You might see around 3GB’s (3145728) remaining when you first start up FSX/P3D but that would be unusual. Do not be too concerned with the amount of VAS remaining when you first start up.

You might be interested in a utility in our AVSIM Library called Quantum Leap which allows you to speed up your trip across the US or any ocean but it requires the payware version of the FSUIPC utility - http://library.avsim...php?DLID=179703. According to the developer, “this utility was written to allow an FSX aircraft established at cruise to "leap" to a point further along the flight plan track. It allows the user to select a nav fix or manually enter coordinates for the jump-ahead point, as well as setting a new time in the simulation to be set at the designated leap-ahead point. The primary objective was to leap forward on very long haul flights to eliminate long periods of droning or wrestling with accelerated flight. It was tested with the PMDG® 777 and 737NGX simulations, but will most likely work with most other add-ons.”

You state you have REX.  Be very careful with changing any of the texture resolutions or changing the Texture Compressions from DXT5 to 32 bit.  It could bring your computer system to its knees in a matter of minutes.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There are a lot of posts here at AVSIM regarding OOM's. Probably the most popular topic on AVSIM and throughout the Flight Simulation community. With the advent of faster computer systems (since Sandy Bridge), faster and more powerful video cards, and cheaper and faster memory, everyone thinks they can crank FSX up to the max. No way anymore will there be crashes, stuttering, the blurries, one digit fps, etc. Life in the flight simulation world is now at its best! Well, that's all bunk because the most powerful computer system made for consumers today will not work like that as FSX is a 32 bit application and Windows limits 4GB's of Virtual Address Space (VAS) for each application. When the VAS is gone, the application will crash and you will have to start over. It can go very fast if you have your settings set high, your Autogen set very high, and many addons running in the background to give you that aw gee wiz feeling while using FSX.

Here's a great link to an explanation of VAS - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a108/vas-management-stopping-out-of-memory-oom-errors.aspx and some suggestions on how to reduce the amount of VAS usage. You cannot limit VAS to just 3GB's and that would be counter-productive even if possible.

So, it does not make any difference how much memory (RAM) you have on your computer system, how big your page file is, your computer will still crash when running 32 bit applications. Before Sandy Bridge, everyone kind of kept their settings down as they knew they did not have a very powerful system. They looked forward to the day when computers would become faster and powerful. Well, that day has come and, well, more and more people have more and more crashes now!

Here's a quick and simple way to monitor your VAS (this way you can monitor how fast fsx is eating your VAS and how soon your application will crash:

Monitoring VAS in FSX or P3DV2 – The freeware or registered versions of the FSUIPC utility will allow you to monitor the amount of VAS remaining during a flight session. This might be valuable in troubleshooting Out-of-Memory (OOM’s).

Startup FSX/P3D and then enter the Addon Menu and select FSUIPC. Once FSUIPC is open, click on the Logging Tab and enter 024C under Offset and select S32 under Type. Select where you would like to have the usage displayed. The FS Window is for Full Screen sessions. The FS Title Bar is for Windowed Mode. AVSIM recommends you also check the Normal log file as this provides you information on how much VAS you had to start out with and then it logs usage throughout your flight.

The VAS usage is displayed in Kilobytes (KB’s). The value represents the amount of VAS left so, the lower the value, the more VAS being depleted. The max amount of VAS allowed in computers with 64 bit Operating Systems is 4GB’s. This is shared with other applications running in the background on your computer. For 32 bit Operating Systems, the max amount of VAS allowed for FSX/P3D is 2GB’s but this can be expanded to 3GB’s with a switch like the /3GB switch.

To convert the KB’s to the amount of GB’s, you should use one of the Byte converters on the Internet like the following: http://www.whatsabyte.com/P1/byteconverter.htm. You will never see 4194304 KB’s displayed as this equals 4GB’s. You might see around 3GB’s (3145728) remaining when you first start up FSX/P3D but that would be unusual. Do not be too concerned with the amount of VAS remaining when you first start up.

You might be interested in a utility in our AVSIM Library called Quantum Leap which allows you to speed up your trip across the US or any ocean but it requires the payware version of the FSUIPC utility - http://library.avsim...php?DLID=179703. According to the developer, “this utility was written to allow an FSX aircraft established at cruise to "leap" to a point further along the flight plan track. It allows the user to select a nav fix or manually enter coordinates for the jump-ahead point, as well as setting a new time in the simulation to be set at the designated leap-ahead point. The primary objective was to leap forward on very long haul flights to eliminate long periods of droning or wrestling with accelerated flight. It was tested with the PMDG® 777 and 737NGX simulations, but will most likely work with most other add-ons.”

You state you have REX. Be very careful with changing any of the texture resolutions or changing the Texture Compressions from DXT5 to 32 bit. It could bring your computer system to its knees in a matter of minutes.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Thanks firehawk44 its clear now, but small advice because you're talken about Page File !

I set it to zero, is that a true and important to FSX ?

Related to the OOM error, the LOD RADIUS and the Traffic monitoring in Aivlasoft EFB, this two I'll play on right now and I'll see what happens.

I set it to zero, is that a true and important to FSX ?

I have found that 'system managed size' works the best for fsx. You can only run into major problems if you have a minimum/maximum. I would seek expert advice if you decide to set your own.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10