Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

Using ForceFullsreenVsynce=1 in FSX.CFG !

Hello folks & hope you're well,

I am using the External FPS limiter which give me more frames in my FSX.

and also I use the refresh rate of STANDARD & 1/2REFRESH RATE inside my NVI which is required to utilizing the Vsynce Smoothness.

The quistion is, Does I need to add the ForceFullScreenVsync=1 to my FSX or its not important ?

I need the advice because I think if I add this line will telling FSX to use Its Vsync, not through NVI !!!!

could I get the help please ?

Thx

By the time someone will answer your question, you could have tried this by yourself and see if that make a difference, or not! 

No one could tell you if this works or not , because every PC is different!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

By the time someone will answer your question, you could have tried this by yourself and see if that make a difference, or not!

No one could tell you if this works or not , because every PC is different!

Did you use it ?

Zoho - don't put this into the fsx.cfg, as it eats between 3 and 5fps.

Instead, as you have already - set your Inspector "Vertical Sync Tear Control" to "Standard", and the "Vertical Sync" to "1/2 Refresh Rate" per  this pic, then add "DisablePreload=1" under the [Main] section in the fsx.cfg. This will give you good vertical sync. It is the same in the latest version of Inspector (1.9.7.3)

The issue you might have, running unlimited, is that you vsync may still happen ocasionally, and you may get stumbles. Amore stable "experience" is generally had by setting the fps to 30, 31 or 32. In this manner - 1/2 Refresh Rate can work. 

There is a similar command to that in your original question, though, and that is for the windowed mode. Here "ForceWindowedVsync=1" does work, and should be used.

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Zoho - don't put this into the fsx.cfg, as it eats between 3 and 5fps.

Instead, as you have already - set your Inspector "Vertical Sync Tear Control" to "Standard", and the "Vertical Sync" to "1/2 Refresh Rate" per this pic, then add "DisablePreload=1" under the [Main] section in the fsx.cfg. This will give you good vertical sync. It is the same in the latest version of Inspector (1.9.7.3)

The issue you might have, running unlimited, is that you vsync may still happen ocasionally, and you may get stumbles. Amore stable "experience" is generally had by setting the fps to 30, 31 or 32. In this manner - 1/2 Refresh Rate can work.

There is a similar command to that in your original question, though, and that is for the windowed mode. Here "ForceWindowedVsync=1" does work, and should be used.

pj

Thanks paul, thats it simply.

i allready have that tweek when putting fullscreen got big stutter and poor fps on my 3 monitor