Sign in to follow this  
fspaan

Openoffice....wow just as good as MS office and free

hi,I recently downloaded openoffice from www.openoffice.org and it is just like Microsoft office except free. It includes programs similar (very very similar) to Word, powerpoint, excel and more. It also lets you save in different formats as well as the .doc format that MS word uses so you can open an openoffice file in microsoft word or open an ms word file in openoffice. I have MS office XP but I really like open office and wish I had found open office before I forked down lots of $$$ for MS office xp. In fact I like openoffice so much that I am probably gonna continue using openoffice instead of Office xp. If you know how to use MS office's programs you'll certainly know how to use Openoffice.Andrew

Guest tgabriel

You're right, it is a good suite of programs to use. I have been using it and Star Office before it for the past 5 years or so and never have felt the need to lay out that large amount of cash to Uncle Bill. Also, open office was originally done up for Linux users that needed compatiblilty with windoze products and wondoze people clamored so loudly for it that they ported it to windoze.When Sun took Star Office commercial open office filled the void.

Been using OpenOffice and Star Office for a long time. Star Office was kind of buggy and slow. The more recent versions of OpenOffice have been very fast and stable for me.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest ba747heavy

I have been a OO user for 2 years now, and I will never look back. Billy can get my money for XP(I need it for FS, nothing more), but he won't get my cash for a suite of programs that are so overpriced as to be disgraceful.

>I have been a OO user for 2 years now, and I will never look>back. Billy can get my money for XP(I need it for FS, nothing>more), but he won't get my cash for a suite of programs that>are so overpriced as to be disgraceful.Hi...reading from your note "Bill can get my money for XP..." So you did not pay for Flightsim? lol :) Ok, FS is not overpriced that is true...