Sign in to follow this  
qaaya

Ultimate Traffic 2, MyTraffic 2013 etc.

Another point in favor of MyTraffic (I use 5.4b in Prepar3d 2.4) is the great diversity of traffic, including military traffic.  That may not matter to you or to most users, but to me it's helpful - I fly locally in my home area of Washington DC and environs, and we have a pretty decent amount of military hardware coming and going.

Replicating real-world schedules has never been important to me - I just want a sense of realism, not every flight at the right time - so for that reason, too, MyTraffic works for me.

Hope this helps.

I own 2013, and really appreciated the huge variety of aircraft. Performance was okay. Unfortunately, I have nothing else to compare it against. Good luck!

I use UT2 for airliners (scheduled, charter and cargo), but I also use plenty of MAIW and other BGL flightplans for military traffic.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Get MyTrafficX Pro from simMarket. Then you have direct support from the developer, Burkhard Renk who is constantly updating, painting and humorously complaining. :lol: 

Cheers,

Clayton 

How can you 'Pirate' freeware?

An easy example, go to the avsim library and download any number of paints, aircraft, scenery or whatever then repackage and re-release it all under your own name saying that it's all your work. Giving no credit to the actual authors, nor getting their permission to use or redistribute their hard work.

- This is what ### AI has done.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

An easy example, go to the avsim library and download any number of paints, aircraft, scenery or whatever then repackage and re-release it all under your own name saying that it's all your work. Giving no credit to the actual authors, nor getting their permission to use or redistribute their hard work.

I'd say that's even worse than pirating payware. Some people have no shame whatsoever. Shocking.

How can you 'Pirate' freeware?

In this case not ask the permissions of the original owners even though it explicitly states to do this as a part of the original packages. WOAI has done this, ICE has not. 

In this case not ask the permissions of the original owners even though it explicitly states to do this as a part of the original packages. WOAI has done this, ICE has not.

I'm sorry, I didn't know this.

I thought ICE were freeware release like WoAI.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I tried them all and while UT2 is far from perfect, overall I consider it far better than the competition.

I tried them all and while UT2 is far from perfect, overall I consider it far better than the competition.

Which one would you say is the easiest on frames?  I'm using UT2 at the moment.  I'd love to see big airports fully populated, but not possible on my pc with UT2.

Which one would you say is the easiest on frames?  I'm using UT2 at the moment.  I'd love to see big airports fully populated, but not possible on my pc with UT2.

All of them will reduce your frame rates when you use maximum traffic. I don't think that UT2 is heavy on the frame rates at all, that's actually one of the main reasons why I use it.

To boost the performance in UT2, set all FSX air traffic to 0, make sure you turn off "Enable moving jetways on Ultimate Traffic 2 Aircraft" in UT2 under the section "Traffic Options" (quite heavy on the frames) and fiddle with the settings in the section Utilities/In Game Settings.

UT2 will without a doubt look better than the other payware AI options. There are a few models that aren't so good, but that's far better than the competition.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Yes, I agree. UT2 seems to have superior quality models to all of the other AI packages that I have seen. In addition, you can add equally good models when integrating new schedules and airlines.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the tips and suggestions, guys.  I'll stick to UT2.  I think I have both traffic settings at 70%.  Traffic does get pretty hectic at dawn and dusk and I still get great performance with the NGX at those settings (as long as I'm not in LAX or JFK). 

All of them will reduce your frame rates when you use maximum traffic. I don't think that UT2 is heavy on the frame rates at all, that's actually one of the main reasons why I use it.

To boost the performance in UT2, set all FSX air traffic to 0, make sure you turn off "Enable moving jetways on Ultimate Traffic 2 Aircraft" in UT2 under the section "Traffic Options" (quite heavy on the frames) and fiddle with the settings in the section Utilities/In Game Settings.

Thanks.  I'm sure I went over those settings, but it was a long time ago.  I'll have a look and play around a bit before my next flight.