Sign in to follow this  
belongedtoair

Should I change to X plane?

Heads up not all airports look like Seattle. Most are vacant in regards to structures on the field.

That's the biggest thing that throws me about it.  I can deal with having "autogen" cities but airports that are just runways and tarmac drives me nuts.  I heard they were working on some library to allow one of the future versions to auto populate some generic buildings at the airports but it sounds like that hasn't happened yet?  That was like 1.5-2 years ago I think that there was talk about that.

edit:  I will say that once some of the big dev. like PMDG get their x-plane products rolling out that would really be a big push for me personally to move over more completely than just "playing around" with the demo.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Charles,

There are some really nice freeware airports for XPX. I'm really curious to see what PMDG's offering for x-plane is. They were supposed to reveal that back in August but never did. There are some decent addon aircraft for XPX and some in the pipeline. there are times when the visuals in XPX just blow me away. I'm in need of an AI traffic program like UT2 or My Traffic X.

NAX669.png

I keep XP10 installed, because there is always the possibility that it will catch up to P3d and FSX with regard to the quality and quantity of 3rd party products.

Pretty much same here.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Matt,

If you're such a FSX enthusiast, why are you in the X-Plane forum? 

NAX669.png

I was a diehard FSX'r and  I use P3D, but honestly I just enjoy the look and feel of XPX now. Although my fullsim is P3D based, I would change it to XPX if I had a good cockpit suite.

Mike because i get new post i haven't seen on the main page of Avsim forums and clicked on it to see what he was saying about changing to X-Plane, So before u question about why i am on X-plane forum this is Avsim forum and i am allowed to be and post in regards to any post i choose if information i give people might help with there choices and what can be achieved 

So stop trying to be a hero and get off topic when there is no reason for your post, I don't care either way if u choose X-plane or FSX i have no problems with FSX and its people like u that make these froums difficult at times

Matt

Xplane has far more potential than P3D and FSX look Carendo planes have scroll wheel knobs in XPX. FSX is good but XPX is once get past ATC and weather accuracy not all that bad.

Jeez Matt, a little touchy tonight?

NAX669.png

What the !   

This topic is on the risk closure ?????? why ??? what ?????? when ????  who said what and not.

No sim is better than the other.  All have their cons.  

As I said before try the demo in Seattle with all the settings too max and see if you like the way it looks and if the system handles it.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

This topic is on the risk closure ?????? why ??? what ?????? when ????  who said what and not.

Posts like this always end up becoming a personal fighting match between FSX/P3D and X-Plane users. Keep the posts on-topic and not use it for personal attacks and the thread will remain open.

Posts like this always end up becoming a personal fighting match between FSX/P3D and X-Plane users. Keep the posts on-topic and not use it for personal attacks and the thread will remain open.

Hi Tony,

The problem is the thread title and that surely is the thing that ignited it. 

yeah it always happens. Hmm i should go and put one in the P3d forum  :P

Hmm i should go and put one in the P3d forum

I think Rob there will quickly catch you :smile:, you should certainly post a new topic showing your experimentation with OSM over there in FS9/FSX

Tony,

That thing is already being done.  And I just copy / paste :) 

Jeez Matt, a little touchy tonight?

Your question to him seemed exactly that. Maybe that's why he reacted the way he did...

Guess what - FSX phanboi here! (Oh golly maybe it's just SIM phanboi these days) I'm on this forum all the time, still using (and touting FSX as the go to sim)... But in actuality I use all three sims. Why would you care if an FSX user posts here? Well, you should care, because it means more simmers are looking at XP10 - and it's only good for the simming community. (And the dev community - you'll spend more money!)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |