Sign in to follow this  
julian2

GSX Coordinates. How can I turn it off?

Hello, I have the problem that on every airport with FSDT GSX when parking, above the marshaller appear coordinates. Can I turn it off? See the image attached.

Thx alot, Julianvmx0dg.jpg

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

No, many users asked for the feature, myself included. Makes parking a bit more manageable.

Hi Julian2, this may be of help.  If you go directly to GSX Update page, there is an update to do with the distance numbers you speak of.  On that page is a direct link to the GSX forums speaking about some issues pertaining to FPS drop.  That particular problem has been overcome.

There are some instructions there for those that do not wish to see the 'numbers'

Go to GSX settings (alt tab in FSX first - addons)

Go to Simulation page

Turn Verbosity tab down one notch.

This should remove the distance numbers you don't want to see.  I am not using this update myself, as perhaps like you, I don't want to see these numbers, so what I have written above is really just copied over from instructions over at GSX.

Hope it works?

Hi Selkan,

thx for your answer. I tried to turn down the verbosty but the numbers are still displayed. I also think thats a quiet annoying update. Makes a really good product unusable for me due to the lack of realism when theese numbers are shown. Can you tell me where to find the update page?

Julian

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

Very unrealistic in my opinion. Do it like the pro's ;) practise makes perfect.

• Like 1

Vernon Howells

Julian, this should be the link for you.

www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl-live-updates-notes-Couata Live Update Notes

Hope that works.  If not for any reason just do a search for GSX in google, and find a link to the forums.

If the link above does work for you, you will find the link I mention about three updates down from top of page.

Sorry try this:-

www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

just tested and working for me by copying and pasting into your address bar.

I think that deleting or renaming the: "FSDT Font"  folder under "FSX\Simobjects\Misc" folder would be the easiest way to stop the parking distance display and it can always be restored/reversed.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I think that deleting or renaming the: "FSDT Font" folder under "FSX\Simobjects\Misc" folder would be the easiest way to stop the parking distance display and it can always be restored/reversed.

Yep that works! But it is still a annoying "feature"!

Yep that works! But it is still a annoying "feature"!

It's a feature that many users asked for and received. Now you know how to disable this annoying feature.