Sign in to follow this  
Perry333

question on ILS lining up with runway

I saw somewhere that there was a problem with the Dash 8 not lining up with the runway quite right. I seem to be having that problem it always is a little to the right of runway. I heard that there is a fix for that but can;t seem to find anything on it. Thanks for help

can you mention which runway specifically you see the issue?

i have occasionally noticed this issue but i found on at least a few times i explored it more closely, that it was related to the scenery in fsx... (CYUL for example i would always get lined up perfectly to the left edge of the 8L runway instead of the centerline, but grabbing an updated afcad solved the problem)

i do think it's possible there's something amiss though, maybe even if it's just some discrepancy with the navigraph data and the defualt fsx scenery or something. post which approach you're trying and i'll attempt it!

also i'd suggest getting the latest version of the q400 if you don't have it already, i think it's up to 1.11 now

cheers

-andy crosby

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. I am flying in Orbx regions only and  mostly flying into Kbzn ILS 12 which is an Orbx addon airport. I don't see this problem with any other plane. I watch youtube video on Majestic dash 8 procedures they mention this problem and there was a fix for it but never talked about it in video. Also how do you check what version of Dash you have can't seem to find it. Thanks again.

here's what i get when i fly it.

i don't have the addon version of kbzn but i do have that orbx region so the airport is somewhat updated compared to default.

it got me fairly well lined up but i also was a tiny bit slightly off to the right, i had to maneuver left a little to line up. is this a comparable amount to what you saw?

another thing i noticed is fsx reports the ILS as 120 course but the charts and the fms say 123. i flew it at 120, will try 123 later to see if it's any different

the whole approach is in the vid (starting with the 15nm dme arc from the south) so fast forward to around 4minutes for the ils part

cheers,

-andy crosby

Hi Andy, That is about what I am getting. I also am leaving AP on till I get to about 500 instead of 1000 and that seems to get me closer. At Majestic forum they say you can get version # by doing this:

Turn all the electrics off, click on the ISI (standby instrument) screen to bring up the pop-up, turn the batteries back on. The version of the software will be indicated in the A/C field (1007 or above) for a few seconds.

I dont know what is ISI screen is, do you? thanks Perry. Other than that having to much fun flying this bird.

Also how do you check what version of Dash you have can't seem to find it. Thanks again.

The quickest way to check what version you have is to open up your manual and it will tell you what version you have installed   on the very top of  the manual

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

For the ISI, they are talking about the backup attitude indicator /qnh. It sits between the pilots MFD and the ED.

Jazz

The offset of the Q400 with some runways, during approach, may be due to the difference in the navdata being used by the Q400, and the default data of fsx. By updating the afcads of your favourite airports to match current charts, is one way to correct this.

Jazz

Looks like I figured out problem with ILS lining up I guess you need to set both radios when I do this all is good.